- Labor Relations
The Labor Relations Practice Group at Taylor English offers in-depth knowledge and effective representation skills for guiding and defending employers with union relationships and disputes. Team members bring national experience serving industries such as healthcare, manufacturing, retail, construction, entertainment, transportation, communications and the public sector. The group is also well-versed with every recognized labor organization, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), state agencies, federal and state trial and appeals courts, and grievance arbitration.
Managing long and short-term interactions with unions requires sensitivity and understanding the intentions of management and the labor force. Client objectives can vary from working creatively as a business partner to establishing long standing affiliation to simply avoiding being unionized. The team’s deep-rooted client relationships reflect a continued focus and dedication to fulfilling these goals.
The Labor Relations Practice Group support clients with the following services:
- Advising on individual employee rights under the National Labor Relations Act
- Collective bargaining
- Union contract administration and interpretation
- Union organizing, recognition demands and NLRB elections
- Defending unfair labor practice charges before the NLRB and federal courts
- Assisting with responses to corporate “top down” organizing campaigns and social media attacks
- Planning for and resolving strikes, picketing and boycotts
- Common ownership of union and non-union facilities
- Labor relations aspects of mergers and acquisitions
- Supervisor and management training in labor relations law and practical concepts
The team includes former NLRB attorneys, skilled litigators and strategic labor relations advisors who bring decades of experience with National Labor Relations Act practice, the Service Contract Act, the Davis-Bacon Act and the Occupational Safety & Health Act. Additionally, the group has a command of state labor relations law and regulations, the intersection of antitrust laws and labor relations, the unique issues of labor law in the construction industry and experience representing employers on key policy issues in amicus curiae appearances before agencies, federal courts and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- February 18, 2021
- December 3, 2020
- November 5, 2020
- August 5, 2020
- Taylor English Enhances Labor & Employment Practice with the Addition of Labor Partner Michael P. MacHargJuly 21, 2020
- February 17, 2021
- Information Current as of January 21, 2021
- January 20, 2021
- January 8, 2021
- January 7, 2021
In Part 2 of Conversations with TED, remote attorney lead Chris Wilson interviews Employment and Labor Relations attorney Peter Spanos about the remote attorney concept.