- Cannabis Law
Marijuana-Related Businesses (MRBs)
Marijuana-related businesses (MRBs) are rapidly emerging across the nation. The outcome of these entities hinges on compliance with state and local government regulations, which can be cumbersome to navigate. We leverage our unique experience and understanding of the cannabis industry to help MRBs create efficiencies and mitigate operational risks.
Our work with local government leaders and access to in-house practice groups in corporate law, intellectual property, labor & employment, litigation, real estate and Taylor English Decisions provides a turnkey offering for MRBs. From production inquiries to dispensary set-ups to fully integrated operations, our cannabis practice group sets MRBs up for long-term success.
Currently, all cannabis rules and regulations fall under state and local government jurisdiction. Tied to this governance is the need for a practical framework with in-market application. The counsel that our alcohol licensing, regulatory and compliance practice provides municipalities and counties enables us to offer similar counsel to local governments and private companies in the cannabis industry. Harnessing our background with government entities, we guide clients on the development and implementation of regulatory rules and guidelines - all while sidestepping red tape. From license procurement to factory requirements and dispensary statutes, we are a resource for governments and private entities as they shape local regulations.
- “The Roaring 2020s 'Will Be Fueled By Weed' As Cannabis Experts Predict Regulatory Shakeups In 2021,” BenzingaJanuary 4, 2021
- December 17, 2020
- September 30, 2020
- “How Cannabis Legalization is Taking Shape for Indigenous Communities in the US and Canada,” StratCannSeptember 2, 2020
- July 28, 2020
- May 18, 2020
- September 23, 2019
- “Cannabis Crystal Ball: What Lies Ahead for the Cannabis Industry in 2021 and Beyond,” Cannabis Business ExecutiveJanuary 13, 2021
- “Medical & Recreational Marijuana: Legal Issues, Operational Challenges and Regulatory Hurdles That Marijuana-Related Businesses Frequently Encounter,” Cannabis Business ExecutiveDecember 23, 2020
- “Medical and Recreational Marijuana: An Overview of the Various Federal and State, Marijuana-Related Legislation Currently Pending Before the U.S. Congress and on U.S. State Ballots for the 2020 General Election,” Cannabis Business ExecutiveAugust 5, 2020
- MEDICAL MARIJUANA: An Overview of the Various Issues Involved in Starting and Operating Marijuana Dispensaries, Cannabis Business ExecutiveMay 14, 2020
- February 26, 2020
- MEDICAL MARIJUANA: Fire, Health, and Safety Risks Associated with Cannabis Extraction Methods, and the Rules and Regulations Designed to Address Such Risks, Cannabis Business ExecutiveDecember 18, 2019
- MEDICAL MARIJUANA: Legal Issues, Operational Challenges and Regulatory Hurdles That Marijuana-Related Businesses Frequently Encounter, Cannabis Business ExecutiveNovember 21, 2019
- August 27, 2019
- July 11, 2019
- March 22, 2021
An Alabama native, Reggie Snyder brings 20 years of litigation experience serving the commercial, construction and real estate industries.