Tax Planning for Business Transactions
Some of our most important work for clients involves advising them on optimizing the tax efficiency of their businesses. Our regular attention to the constantly shifting landscape of international, federal and state taxes enables us to identify ways for our clients to enhance and preserve business profits, personal earnings and family wealth. We continuously monitor changes in federal and state tax laws, regulations, rulings, procedures and court cases to identify both opportunities and potential problems.
Our tax planning services address the following areas:
- Choice of entity (C Corporation, S Corporation, Partnership, LLC, Trust, etc.),
- Shareholder, partnership, LLC, trust and other agreements,
- Mergers, acquisitions, leveraged buy-outs and divestitures,
- Tax-free reorganizations, restructurings and recapitalizations,
- Like-kind exchanges, installment sales and other non-recognition transactions,
- Private equity, venture capital and angel investor transactions,
- Inbound and outbound international transactions,
- Transfer or licensing of intangible assets,
- State and federal tax credit transactions,
- Real estate development, financing and sales,
- Business succession and retirement planning, and
- Trusts, estates and family wealth planning.
- May 6, 2016