Our sports work is, literally, big league. We have represented pro baseball, football and basketball franchises; NASCAR teams; and Division I college programs; as well as individual players, associations, venues, and event organizers. Our work encompasses talent contracts, construction and acquisition financing, licensing and merchandising, and endorsements. We’ve handled the sale of a major league baseball team, negotiated a major credit facility for a pro team, set up licensing for a major university sports program, and advised athletes on the formation of foundations, employment contracts and wealth planning.
Our work for clients includes:
- Employment agreements and other issues,
- Executive compensation,
- Intellectual property protection,
- Merchandise licensing and enforcement,
- Mergers and acquisitions,
- NCAA investigations,
- NCAA license for sponsorships and media rights,
- Player contracts,
- Public performance rights,
- Real estate acquisition and leases,
- Tax issues,
- Trusts and estates, and
- Venue licensing and vendor contracts.
Represented retired NFL football player in case where the IRS denied a theft loss the taxpayer suffered when his licensed investment adviser misappropriated $1,679,500 of his funds. Decision pending in the United States Tax Court.
- January 3, 2020
- November 14, 2019
- Atlanta Business Chronicle, October 24, 2019
- September 6, 2019
- IPPro, World Trademark Review, Metro Atlanta CEO, and Intellectual Property Magazine, August 29, 2019
- April 7, 2016
- May 29, 2019
- Georgia Tech Hotel & Conference Center, November 9, 2017