Employment and Labor Relations
Manufacturers often face the challenges and exposure to employee claims that come with having large, hourly workforces. We advise on implementing formal policies and best practices, as well as employee handbooks and manager training, that minimize risk for your business and provide for viable legal defenses if you are the target of individual or class action claims. Our attorneys are experienced in wage and hour laws pertaining to overtime and other pay practices, and can represent you in enforcement actions before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), the U.S. Department of Labor and state agencies. We counsel on preventing, investigating and mitigating harassment claims, as well as discrimination actions. If you are the subject of a union organizing campaign, our lawyers will assist you in making your case to employees and ensuring compliance with NLRB laws governing elections and collective bargaining. With more than 25 employment attorneys—many of whom spent decades honing their skills at management-side law firms and corporate in-house employment departments—we stand ready to protect your business.
Represented a manufacturer in a jury trial for a racial harassment claim in 2014. Obtained jury verdict in favor of defense.
Successfully defended manufacturing company executives and management employees in lawsuit brought by former employee for wrongful termination, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and other tort claims. Obtained dismissal of all claims.
- January 8, 2016
- If Being "Proactive" is a Management Objective, This is a Good Year Paul C. Munger
- EEOC Provides Transgender Compliance Wish List for Employers Shawntel R. Hebert
- Are You Compliant With Your I-9 Responsibilities? Randy C. Gepp
- Employers Beware: Overtime Rules are Set to Significantly Increase Number of Protected Employees Bryan F. Jacoutot
- NLRB Strikes Whole Foods Market's Policies Prohibiting Employees' Workplace Audio/Video Recordings Joseph W. Bryan
- FMLA Master Class: Georgia - Advanced Skills for Employee Leave Management Glianny Fagundo, Raanon Gal, Shawntel R. Hebert
- Georgia Supreme Court Ruling May Spawn Back Pay Claims by Thousands of Home Care Workers Shawntel R. Hebert
- DOL Pumps the Brakes on Proposed Changes to Overtime Rules Joseph M. English
- View More