Business Law Services
Corporate Formation and Governance
Many of our hospitality clients have multiple investors and cross ownership of projects, and we advise on structuring these entities for maximum flexibility. This includes business formation, document preparation and succession planning.
We draw on the experience of our Corporate and Business team to assist clients with joint venture and partnering arrangements, and other business combinations. Our services include consulting on initial strategy, due diligence, negotiation support, documentation and closing.
Condominiums and Mixed‐Use Projects
When resorts are packaged with condominiums and other mixed uses, we advise on entity structure, financing and compliance with laws on marketing and promotion. We bring attorneys together from our real estate, financing, and corporate and business practices to find creative and cost-efficient solutions.
Employment and Labor Relations
The employee-intensive hospitality industry has a high potential for employment claims, including wage and hour, discrimination, harassment and retaliation actions. Our attorneys educate managers of client businesses on best practices, draft handbooks and policy manuals and assist clients in implementing these policies. We mount aggressive defenses when matters escalate to litigation. If unions are part of the mix, we can advise clients on labor contract negotiations and organization campaigns.
Our long association with the resort and hospitality industry gives us an in-depth understanding of our clients’ businesses. We monitor regulatory developments in the industry and provide strategic advice on legal issues such as finance, employment and consumer issues that allows clients to operate efficiently and profitably.
Our hospitality clients invest heavily in trademarks and other intellectual property that distinguishes them from competitors and supports their promotions and branding. We provide a full range of intellectual property services, from auditing and registration of marks to aggressive enforcement.
Franchise and Distributorships
We can assist with the formation of franchises and distributorships; sales, revenue sharing and intellectual property considerations in these arrangements; and all contract considerations. Our attorneys are familiar with state laws and consumer protections that often affect these agreements.
Bankruptcy and Creditors Rights
We provide our clients with the full spectrum of services to protect their rights and maximize their recovery. We represent creditors and debtors in bankruptcy reorganization, lender liability claims, receiverships, assignments for the benefit of creditors and financial workouts.
- If Being "Proactive" is a Management Objective, This is a Good Year
- EEOC Provides Transgender Compliance Wish List for Employers Shawntel R. Hebert
- Are You Compliant With Your I-9 Responsibilities? Randy C. Gepp
- Employers Beware: Overtime Rules are Set to Significantly Increase Number of Protected Employees Bryan F. Jacoutot
- NLRB Strikes Whole Foods Market's Policies Prohibiting Employees' Workplace Audio/Video Recordings Joseph W. Bryan
- FMLA Master Class: Georgia - Advanced Skills for Employee Leave Management Raanon Gal, Shawntel R. Hebert
- Georgia Supreme Court Ruling May Spawn Back Pay Claims by Thousands of Home Care Workers Shawntel R. Hebert
- DOL Pumps the Brakes on Proposed Changes to Overtime Rules Joseph M. English
- View More