We place great importance on assisting companies in developing systems and best practices that protect their trade secrets. This includes auditing to identify trade secrets and the key employees who have access to them, setting up employee agreements to discourage theft and enforcing rights through litigation, as well as defending claims of misappropriation brought by competitors.
Represented an individual accused of misappropriating trade secrets and confidential information from a former employer. Engaged in extended negotiations with the plaintiff's counsel and ultimately reached a favorable settlement for our client.
- Current representation of major coatings company in defense of trademark, trade secret, defamation, and other claims
Currently representing Gulf Synthetics in an action brought by former business partner and his new company claiming trademark infringement, defamation and trade secret misappropriation relating to the deck coatings business.
- Successful defense of copyright and trade secret claims against client accused of improperly accessing software in check processing equipment
Represented Symco Group, Inc., a company that serviced check processing equipment, in a copyright infringement and trade secret action in the Northern District of California. The plaintiff alleged that Symco, as part of its regular servicing process, was improperly accessing the plaintiff’s software and therefore violating its copyrights in the software source code that was embedded in the check processing equipment. Following the court’s dismissal of ...
Represented leading carpet manufacturer and a subsidiary in defending a large trade secret case involving a method for manufacturing carpet cores from recycled materials. The parties reached a confidential settlement right before trial.
Provided counsel to one of the largest providers of in-home residential delivery services in the United States on all intellectual property matters. These matters range from prosecuting and maintaining the client’s patent and trademark portfolio, to counseling the client on protecting its trade secrets, to anonymously negotiating and obtaining a licensing agreement with a prolific non-practicing entity with a history of targeting businesses in the ...
Led defense of claims of misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of loyalty in connection with departure of group of employees and establishment of competitive business. The parties reached a confidential settlement. Wells Fargo Foothill, Inc. v. Cratos Capital Partners, LLC.
- “Enlisting Government Help to Protect Your Trade Secrets,” Intellectual Property WatchMay 3, 2017
- August 5, 2016
- July 19, 2016
- May 11, 2016
- May 10, 2016
- “Drones & Trade Secrets - How Low Can They Go?,” Trading Secrets Blog, Seyfarth Shaw LLPMay 10, 2016
- "Best Practices for Trade Secrets After New Federal Statute and Loss of Patentable Subject Matter," Corporate Intellectual Property InstituteAtlanta, Ga., October 26, 2016
- "Establishing a Trade Secret Program in View of the DTSA and Patent Ineligibility," Intellectual Property Law InstituteAmelia Island, Fla., September 17, 2016