We monitor federal and state legal and regulatory issues related to cyberattacks and data privacy, including:
- The Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) use of the “Privacy by Design” and “Unfairness Doctrine" to enforce privacy claims against corporations,
- The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Telephone Consumer Privacy Act, and the CAN-SPAM Act,
- Criminal statutes governing data access, abuse and extortion, and
- State breach statutes.
- June 17, 2016
- "Taylor English's Amanda Hyland Recognized Among Up and Coming Lawyers in Georgia," Atlanta Patch, East Cobb Patch, Marietta Patch and Smyrna PatchApril 21, 2016
- "Taylor English's David Hricik Appointed to American Law Institute," East Cobb Patch, Marietta Patch and Smyrna-Vinings PatchFebruary 16, 2016