We register and protect copyrights, and also take aggressive enforcement actions when necessary, including the filing of litigation. We also develop copyright registration programs for clients.
Music City Metals v. Cai, et al.
Representing certain defendants in trademark and copyright case brought against numerous sellers of replacement grill parts on Amazon and eBay. Obtained favorable modifications to a temporary restraining order and currently defending against a motion for preliminary injunction. Music City Metals v. Cai, et al. (M.D. Tennessee)
- Pillon Communities, Inc. v. Faircloth Homes, Inc., G. Eddie Faircloth, Houseplans, Inc., and Craig Peel
Recovered and obtained injunction for large home builder for copyright infringement of architectural plans.
Recovered for home builder for copyright infringement of architectural plans and obtained injunction.
Represented production company in intellectual property matters, including the negotiation of the full transfer to our client of all copyright in screenplays for a television series.
Serves as outside counsel for all media, merchandising, blogging, copyright, trademark, and social media inquiries for several national conservative non-profit groups, including Tea Party Patriots and Center for Self Governance.
In a case involving allegations of copyright infringement of interior design portfolio photographs and related defamation claims, we achieved a settlement for our client, Meg Adams Interior Design, Inc.
Defended and achieved settlement in copyright infringement lawsuit brought in the Northern District of Georgia by a former employee of our client, a video production company. The former employee claimed to own the copyright in the commercials produced by our client.
Achieved successful resolution of lawsuit involving copying of clients' "ABC’s of Life" poem, which was reproduced without permission on posters and plaques.
- Successful defense of copyright and trade secret claims against client accused of improperly accessing software in check processing equipment
Represented Symco Group, Inc., a company that serviced check processing equipment, in a copyright infringement and trade secret action in the Northern District of California. The plaintiff alleged that Symco, as part of its regular servicing process, was improperly accessing the plaintiff’s software and therefore violating its copyrights in the software source code that was embedded in the check processing equipment. Following the court’s dismissal of ...
Achieved favorable settlement for client defending claims of copyright infringement for medical billing software.
- Successfully resolved copyright infringement claims brought by photographer against book publishing client
Defended, and successfully settled, copyright infringement lawsuit brought against book publisher client that had used plaintiff’s photograph in book.
- Dismissals of copyright claims and separate state action for international airline client sued over use of architectural plans
Represented a major airline in claims brought by a former vendor alleging misuse of architectural plans for office space. Won motion to dismiss state-court conversion claims, and in subsequent federal copyright-infringement case based on the same underlying facts, conducted discovery and negotiated settlement in which plaintiff dismissed the case with prejudice and with no payments from our client.
Defended educational products company in lawsuit alleging infringement of copyrights in cards for assistance with speech therapy. The court granted our motion for summary judgment, finding that there was no infringement of any copyright in the selection and arrangement of Plaintiff’s cards as a matter of law. Ristuccia v. Super Duper, Inc.
Prevailed on summary judgment (affirmed on appeal by the Eleventh Circuit) on behalf of American Express in major copyright infringement action involving maps of Atlanta in a dining guide. Crownfire Publications v. American Express.
- Cobb Business Journal, November 17, 2017
- "Gwinnett architect sues, claims One World Trade Center design was his," The Atlanta Journal-ConstitutionJune 19, 2017
- June 17, 2016
- "Taylor English's Amanda Hyland Recognized Among Up and Coming Lawyers in Georgia," Atlanta Patch, East Cobb Patch, Marietta Patch and Smyrna PatchApril 21, 2016
- "Taylor English's David Hricik Appointed to American Law Institute," East Cobb Patch, Marietta Patch and Smyrna-Vinings PatchFebruary 16, 2016
- July 24, 2015
- November 17, 2016
- November 1, 2016
- August 15, 2016
- February 3, 2016
- November 2, 2015
- August 17, 2015
- February 2, 2017
- November 9, 2016
- July 19, 2016
- May 27, 2016
- Atlanta, Ga., May 1, 2016
- "Beware the Death-Defying Design: IP Rights Can Survive Patent Expiration," Daily Report's In-House Counsel CLE SeminarAtlanta, Ga., March 15, 2016