The Insurance practice group at Taylor English is broad in scope and practice, and our attorneys have substantial experience in issues that run the breadth of the industry. With extensive in-house and outside counsel experience, Taylor English attorneys understand the business and regulatory insurance environment in addition to the legal issues that shape the entire insurance industry. This combination of legal and industry experience enables us to implement practical and cost effective solutions for our clients.
Taylor English attorneys have handled diverse insurance matters, including:
- Representation of insurance company receiverships. Represented the Tennessee Commissioner of Commerce and Insurance as Receiver of a failed surplus lines carrier and a nationwide environmental risk carrier. Worked closely with members of the International Association of Insurance Receivers in its formative stages,
- Acquisition, corporate and board counsel for life and health insurers,
- General Counsel of multi-billion dollar life and health insurance company,
- Multi-billion dollar health insurance corporate acquisition transactions,
- Served on board of seven-person Finance Committee responsible for insurance company’s $25 billion investment portfolio,
- Appearances before state Insurance Departments on regulatory matters,
- Formation and operation of insurance holding companies and related acquisition of domestic insurance company shell entities,
- Represented the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance in insurance regulatory development and enforcement as an Assistant Attorney General,
- Represented casualty, life and surplus lines carriers in their regulatory compliance and acquisition strategies,
- Formation of premium finance company affiliates and layering risk in the reinsurance markets,
- Representation of insurance company receiverships for failed insurance carriers,
- Defense services for insurance companies in both the general liability and professional liability matters,
- Represented national insurance company in putative nationwide class action alleging overcharge of insurance premiums resulting in denial of class certification denied and dismissal of case,
- Represented investment and insurance company in loan transactions valued in excess of $1 billion, and
- Served as real estate regional counsel for insurance company in real estate transactions totaling almost $3 billion.
Additionally we routinely handle litigation matters covered by insurance and insurance coverage disputes, which provides the firm with insights into the needs and concerns of insurance companies on a day-to-day basis.
- HR Daily Advisor, June 5, 2018
- October 4, 2016
- By: Henry M. Quillian III and David ForestnerJuly 18, 2018
- Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, November 8 – 9, 2018
- "Employment Practices Liability Insurance," Independent Insurance Agents of Georgia: Annual Fall ConferenceGwinnett Infinite Energy Center, October 13, 2017
- "Construction Law for The General Practitioner," Institute of Continuing Legal Education: State Bar SeriesAugust 17, 2017
- "Brewery and Distillery Business Entity Selection, Formation, Finance and Insurance," National Business Institute SeminarSmyrna, Ga., March 21, 2017
David Forestner shares some of his most important tips concerning what you need to know to help your clients get the most out of their insurance policies while staying out of trouble yourself. This topic covers the duty to determine existence of insurance coverage, the importance of choice of law in litigating insurance issues and insurance in the M&A context.