Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
Our practice advises senior-level executives respecting their employment agreements and other compensation arrangements, and we represent companies of all sizes on executive employment and other compensation arrangements as well as on setting up and implementing complex benefit plans. We also counsel clients on how to adjust to the changing landscape of health care benefit regulation, including compliance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA, or "Obamacare").
Our practice is distinguished by individuals who came to Taylor English after decades of senior-level leadership at international law firms. We bring decades of experience to every area of benefits. Our team also has the insight of a member with Big Four accounting firm and IRS experience.
Assisted client in freezing defined benefit pension plan and in satisfying the requirements to notify participants.
Amended and restated an individually designed 401(k) plan into a volume submitter plan.
Assist with merging 401(k) plans and preserving protected benefits under successor plan.
Provide advice to client regarding termination of its defined benefit plan and in the related approvals with IRS and PBGC.
Assist client in receivership with underfunded defined benefit pension plan and advise on steps to complete distress termination.
Prepared and made filings for clients under the IRS voluntary compliance program. For example:
- Failure to timely amend plan for legislative changes;
- Failure to properly operate loan program and correction of more than 100 defaulted loans;
- Failure to amend profit sharing plan for 30 years where no plan documentation could be found, filing of delinquent forms 5500 for such years, failure to make past minimum required distributions and to terminate and distribute ...
Assist clients on DOL’s fiduciary level service provider and participant related disclosure requirements.
Assist clients with amendment and restatement of 401(k) plans and pension plans and submission of such plans to the IRS for updated favorable determination letters.
Assist clients with IRS and DOL audits of 401(k) plans and pension plans.
Assist client with appointment of successor trustee and the related transfer of assets.
Conduct training for 401(k) plan committee with respect to its fiduciary duty to manage plan investments.
Successfully defended a client against a $150,000 claim by a health care provider for its treatment of end stage renal disease under a self-insured plan.
Provide guidance on compliance with Obamacare and HIPAA privacy and security policy requirements.
Prepare wrap health and welfare plans and summary plan descriptions for clients to cover all health and welfare benefits in one document.
Assist clients with preparation of summary benefit coverage documentation.
Assist clients in self-audit of ERISA required documentation for all benefit plans.
Provide client human resources department with Obamacare training sessions.
Assist client with amending and restating a severance pay plan.
Negotiated an employment agreement for the new CEO of a building products distributor public company.
Negotiated an employment agreement for the new CEO of a biopharmaceutical public company.
Negotiated an employment agreement for the new CEO of a leading full-service transaction processing public company.
Negotiated employment agreements for the senior management team of a homebuilding public company.
Negotiated a transition agreement for the out-going CEO of a financial services distributor public company.
Negotiated an employment agreement for the president of a private, non-profit university.
Negotiated an employment agreement for the new CEO of a private company in the casual dining restaurant industry.
Negotiated an employment agreement for the new CEO of a private furniture company.
Represented the management team of a public company in the medical device industry in a going private transaction.
Represented a church in the establishment of a compensation arrangement for the church’s senior pastor.
Represented a national food distribution cooperative in connection with negotiating the employment agreement for its new CEO.
Represented a CEO in connection with his employment agreement and equity rollover in the sale of his company to a private, foreign investor.
Represented the CEO of a company in connection with his separation from service following the $2.5 billion acquisition of his company by a large public company.
- September 22, 2016
- August 4, 2016
- May 13, 2016
- April 22, 2016
- April 20, 2016
- March 4, 2016
- February 26, 2016
- January 14, 2016
- December 31, 2015
- December 8, 2015
- November 20, 2015
- October 21, 2015
- September 30, 2015
- September 23, 2015
- August 19, 2015
- August 11, 2015
- May 20, 2015
- March 26, 2015
- February 13, 2015
- October 23, 2014
- July 25, 2014
- June 30, 2014
- March 7, 2014
- February 25, 2014
- February 12, 2014
- November 1, 2013
- November 1, 2013
- August 29, 2013
- July 10, 2013
- July 9, 2013
- July 3, 2013
- May 9, 2013
- March 7, 2013
- January 31, 2013
- January 3, 2013
- October 18, 2012
- August 28, 2012
- July 13, 2012
- July 2, 2012
- May 30, 2012
- April 19, 2012
- Davio's, August 25, 2016
- December 18, 2014
- Health Care Summit, Atlanta, Ga., Aug. 18, 2014
- "Obamacare Employer Mandate," Presentation at J. Smith Lanier & Co., Columbus, Ga., Aug. 6, 2014
- Decision Makers Conference, Atlanta, Ga., April 24, 2014
- "Income, Estate and Gift Tax Developments," Tax Talks, Atlanta, Ga., Feb. 26, 2014
- "Obamacare: Employer Mandate, Individual Mandate, and Recent Developments," Presentation at Bennett Thrasher, Oct. 30, 2013
- "409A: Is There a 1,000-Pound Gorilla Hiding in Your Client’s Executive Compensation Arrangements?" Atlanta Bar Association, Tax Section, Sept. 24, 2013
- "Update: Health Care, Target Date Funds & Tax Issues in Settlements," Presentation to The Home Depot Inc. Legal Department, July 17, 2013
- "Obamacare in 60 Minutes," Atlanta, Ga., May 21, 2013
- "The Obamacare Buffet," Recipes for Restaurant Success, Atlanta, Ga., April 30, 2013
- U.S. Department of Labor Issues New Overtime Exemption Rules Joseph W. Bryan
- Upcoming Employee Benefit Plan Deadlines Donald S. Kohla, Jan G. Marsh
- DOL Fiduciary Regulations Donald S. Kohla, Jan G. Marsh
- April 30 Deadline for Pre-approved Defined Contribution Plans Donald S. Kohla, Jan G. Marsh
- Digital Immigrants Need Not Apply? Joseph M. English
- U.S. Supreme Court to EEOC: Here’s a Chair, Sit Down! Shawntel R. Hebert
- Fair Credit Report Act Responsibilities and Notices Randy C. Gepp
- Atlanta Fire Chief Fires-Off Lawsuit and EEOC Charge Against the City of Atlanta for Freedom of Speech Religious Discrimination Raanon Gal
- View More