The ubiquitous use of data in business exposes businesses to claims across the scope of legal practice. We have the resources and experience to represent clients in any area where there are claims related to data security or Internet use, including:
- First Amendment,
- Libel and defamation,
- Infliction of emotional distress,
- Breach of privacy,
- Trade disparagement,
- Copyright infringement,
- Breach of contract,
- Breach of security,
- Misrepresentation, and
- Tortious interference.
Counsel to Board of National Industry-Specific Information Sharing and Analysis Center.
Represent various retail clients regarding PCI compliance, credit card fraud and loss, and fraudulent e-commerce orders.
Coordinate response to loss of protectable or sensitive data in electronic form, including personal credit information, vendor account credentials and customer payment authorizations.
- January 30, 2018
- "Best Business Practices in Corporate Cyber Security," Georgia Society of CPAs, 2017 Decision Makers ConferenceAtlanta, Ga., April 20, 2017
- "Preventing Inadvertent Email Contracts: Best Practices for Your Clients," Webinar, National Constitution CenterOctober 6, 2016
- Lessons From Yahoo Breach Continue Mitzi L. Hill
- Safe Harbor's Replacement - Handshake Deal in Place Mitzi L. Hill
- Cyber Hygiene: Upgrade Your Hardware Mitzi L. Hill
- Cyber Hygiene Habits: Have a Plan For Your Employees Mitzi L. Hill