Internal Assessment and Planning
The best—and most cost effective—way we can assist clients is to work with them to build privacy and security into their operations. We counsel clients on managing risks with a broad assessment of their data operations, with services that include:
- Auditing privacy and security functions.
- Assessing network architecture, employee policies, website terms and data management.
- Identifying areas of risk unique to a client’s business, such as health care information, payment card data or interaction with children.
- Reviewing contracts with suppliers, banks, customers and other business partners to ensure mutual compliance with contractual and regulatory privacy requirements and allocation of the risks of non-compliance.
- Implementing best practices that avoid exposure and that may provide a legal defense if a breach occurs.
Counsel to Board of National Industry-Specific Information Sharing and Analysis Center.
Represent various retail clients regarding PCI compliance, credit card fraud and loss, and fraudulent e-commerce orders.
Coordinate response to loss of protectable or sensitive data in electronic form, including personal credit information, vendor account credentials and customer payment authorizations.
- Daily Report, July 9, 2018
- April 20, 2016
- October 21, 2014
- Five Lessons from Equifax Mitzi L. Hill
- Payroll and Email Do Not Mix Mitzi L. Hill
- Yahoo Breach and Data/Information Security Mitzi L. Hill
- Clock Running for EU Privacy Shield Self-Certification with Grace Period Mitzi L. Hill
- Safe Harbor's Replacement - Handshake Deal in Place Mitzi L. Hill
- Cyber Hygiene: Upgrade Your Hardware Mitzi L. Hill
- Cyber Hygiene Habits: Have a Plan For Your Employees Mitzi L. Hill