Internal Assessment and Planning
The best—and most cost effective—way we can assist clients is to work with them to avoid data breaches. We counsel clients on managing risks with a broad assessment of their data operations, with services that include:
- Auditing privacy and security functions.
- Assessing network architecture, employee policies, website terms and data management.
- Identifying areas of risk unique to a client’s business, such as health care information, payment card data or interaction with children.
- Reviewing contracts with suppliers, banks and other business partners to ensure mutual compliance with contractual and regulatory privacy requirements.
- Implementing best practices that avoid exposure and that may provide a legal defense if a breach occurs.
Counsel to Board of National Industry-Specific Information Sharing and Analysis Center.
Represent various retail clients regarding PCI compliance, credit card fraud and loss, and fraudulent e-commerce orders.
Coordinate response to loss of protectable or sensitive data in electronic form, including personal credit information, vendor account credentials and customer payment authorizations.
- Daily Report, July 9, 2018
- April 20, 2016
- October 21, 2014
- Five Lessons from Equifax Mitzi L. Hill
- Payroll and Email Do Not Mix Mitzi L. Hill
- Yahoo Breach and Data/Information Security Mitzi L. Hill
- Clock Running for EU Privacy Shield Self-Certification with Grace Period Mitzi L. Hill
- Safe Harbor's Replacement - Handshake Deal in Place Mitzi L. Hill
- Cyber Hygiene: Upgrade Your Hardware Mitzi L. Hill
- Cyber Hygiene Habits: Have a Plan For Your Employees Mitzi L. Hill