Government Regulations and Legislation
Data privacy is an evolving field where companies must comply with laws governing national security, consumer privacy, health care privacy, financial services and telecommunications. Our team collaborates across our other industry-specific practices to guide clients in monitoring new legislation and complying with the following laws, among others:
- Bank Secrecy Act,
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA),
- CAN-SPAM Act,
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act,
- Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act,
- Fair Credit Reporting Act,
- Federal Right to Privacy Act,
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR),
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act,
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act,
- IRS disclosure rules,
- Money-laundering regulations,
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act,
- Telecommunications Act, and
- USA PATRIOT Act.
Advise on CCPA readiness and draft appropriate policies.
Assess GDPR readiness and provide ongoing counsel.
Respond to breaches of client credit card information in multiple states; research state requirements and interface as required with state law enforcement officials or others.
Privacy, Cyber, and General Counsel to the Board of a National Industry-Specific Information Sharing and Analysis Center.
Represent various retail clients regarding PCI compliance, credit card fraud and loss, and fraudulent e-commerce orders.
Coordinate response to loss of protectable or sensitive data in electronic form, including personal credit information, vendor account credentials and customer payment authorizations.
- October 11, 2017
- January 26, 2017
- Deitra Crawley Organized and Served as Team Lead of Premier Atlanta-Cuba Opportunity ForumMay 1, 2016
- GDPR: Good Defense = Prepared + Responsive! Mitzi L. Hill
- Lessons From Yahoo Breach Continue Mitzi L. Hill
- State Enforcement of COPPA, Federal Online Advertising Law Mitzi L. Hill
- Clock Running for EU Privacy Shield Self-Certification with Grace Period Mitzi L. Hill
- Safe Harbor's Replacement - Handshake Deal in Place Mitzi L. Hill
- Cyber Hygiene: Upgrade Your Hardware Mitzi L. Hill
- Cyber Hygiene Habits: Have a Plan For Your Employees Mitzi L. Hill