Even the best-prepared company can experience a data breach. If this happens, it’s important to immediately involve legal counsel. We understand the urgency and broad implications a breach poses to clients. We can manage legal crisis response that coordinates IT measures and outreach to affected parties, lawsuit and claim mitigation, government and regulatory reporting and reputation management.
As part of our crisis response, we will:
- Coordinate with law enforcement investigations,
- Facilitate claims with the cyber-liability carrier,
- Interview forensic experts and IT managers to determine how a breach occurred, what information was compromised and how the company should respond, and
- Provide ongoing advice and counseling to management that addresses legal exposure as well as brand protection.
We immediately collected information in response to client’s identification of release of employee data by contractor. We researched relevant state laws and advised the client regarding an appropriate external and internal response. The response was successful, and no disputes or suits resulted from this incident.
Privacy, Cyber, and General Counsel to the Board of a National Industry-Specific Information Sharing and Analysis Center.
Represent various retail clients regarding PCI compliance, credit card fraud and loss, and fraudulent e-commerce orders.
Coordinate response to loss of protectable or sensitive data in electronic form, including personal credit information, vendor account credentials and customer payment authorizations.
- Five Lessons from Equifax Mitzi L. Hill
- Payroll and Email Do Not Mix Mitzi L. Hill
- Lessons From Yahoo Breach Continue Mitzi L. Hill
- Yahoo Breach and Data/Information Security Mitzi L. Hill
- Safe Harbor's Replacement - Handshake Deal in Place Mitzi L. Hill
- Cyber Hygiene: Upgrade Your Hardware Mitzi L. Hill
- Cyber Hygiene Habits: Have a Plan For Your Employees Mitzi L. Hill
- Corona Virus Scams Online: Remind Employees to Be Aware Mitzi L. Hill