Start-Ups and Early Stage Companies
We work with clients to launch, fund, grow, acquire and sell private companies. Entrepreneurs rely on us for guidance in early stage formation, seed, angel and initial rounds of preferred equity financing, IP protection, stock options and incentive compensation for employees. For our later stage growth company clients, we provide follow-on financing, venture capital and private equity/debt transactions, tax credit financing, strategic acquisitions and company reorganizations. Our team members are experienced deal lawyers who routinely structure, document, and close transactions on short notice.
Represented a start-up Georgia company that expanded its precious metals business to Illinois and California. Provided legal advice in all aspects of corporate and business development and assisted the company in opening more than 200 locations throughout the United States. Prior to returning to Taylor English, Mr. Lucas served as Senior General Counsel for the company and oversaw all aspects of the business operations, regulatory compliance, corporate ...
- May 6, 2016
- March 24, 2016
- "Atlanta Business Attorney Jonathan B. Wilson, Has Authored an ebook Regarding Equity Crowdfunding," CrowdFundBeat.comSeptember 25, 2013
- "New Portal Hopes to Jump-Start Crowdfunding," Atlanta Business ChronicleApril 26, 2013
- May 26, 2021
- November 17, 2016
- March 11, 2016
- February 9, 2017
- "How to Wreck a Law: How the SEC Thwarted the Will of Congress and the President with Crowdfunding," Heritage ActionOctober 7, 2016
- March 22, 2016
- "Crowdfunding in Georgia: Traps for the Unwary Through the Invest Georgia Exemption," The Georgia Bar JournalDecember 20, 2013
- May 24, 2016
- November 9, 2015
- November 4, 2013
- Davio's, February 9, 2016
- May 26, 2021
- "2017 Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative Professional Fellows Program," YLAI Entrepreneurship InstituteHuntsville, AL, November 3, 2017
- The Fox Theatre, October 3-4, 2017
- "Brewery and Distillery Business Entity Selection, Formation, Finance and Insurance," National Business Institute SeminarSmyrna, Ga., March 21, 2017
- December 22, 2016
- Washington, D.C., May 5, 2016
Jonathan Wilson provides a roadmap for entrepreneurs creating a startup, highlighting important legal considerations. Jonathan leverages his 30+ years of experience counseling startups to outline concepts that can help drive success, including company formation and tax considerations. He provides insights into raising capital–including exempt offerings and prerequisites–in addition to capital raising structures. Jonathan closes by touching on potential investor issues to be aware of and tips for selecting the right lawyer to support your startup journey.
Bryan Jacoutot covers the basics of what blockchain is, how blockchain works, how it came to be and how bitcoin uses the blockchain.