Start-Ups and Early Stage Companies
We work with clients to launch, fund, grow, acquire and sell private companies. Entrepreneurs rely on us for guidance in early stage formation, seed, angel and initial rounds of preferred equity financing, IP protection, stock options and incentive compensation for employees. For our later stage growth company clients, we provide follow-on financing, venture capital and private equity/debt transactions, tax credit financing, strategic acquisitions and company reorganizations. Our team members are experienced deal lawyers who routinely structure, document, and close transactions on short notice.
Represented a start-up Georgia company that expanded its precious metals business to Illinois and California. Provided legal advice in all aspects of corporate and business development and assisted the company in opening more than 200 locations throughout the United States. Prior to returning to Taylor English, Mr. Lucas served as Senior General Counsel for the company and oversaw all aspects of the business operations, regulatory compliance, corporate ...
- May 6, 2016
- March 24, 2016
- "Atlanta Business Attorney Jonathan B. Wilson, Has Authored an ebook Regarding Equity Crowdfunding," CrowdFundBeat.comSeptember 25, 2013
- "New Portal Hopes to Jump-Start Crowdfunding," Atlanta Business ChronicleApril 26, 2013
- February 9, 2017
- "How to Wreck a Law: How the SEC Thwarted the Will of Congress and the President with Crowdfunding," Heritage ActionOctober 7, 2016
- March 22, 2016
- "Crowdfunding in Georgia: Traps for the Unwary Through the Invest Georgia Exemption," The Georgia Bar JournalDecember 20, 2013
- May 24, 2016
- November 9, 2015
- November 4, 2013
- Davio's, February 9, 2016
- "Brewery and Distillery Business Entity Selection, Formation, Finance and Insurance," National Business Institute SeminarSmyrna, Ga., March 21, 2017
- December 22, 2016
- Washington, D.C., May 5, 2016
Johnathan B. Wilson speaks on the topic "Regulation A+ Offerings: Process, Work Plan and Timeline" at the Crowdfunding REG A+ Workshop CrowdFunding News Beat & Conference in Washington, D.C., on May 5, 2016. Mr. Wilson identifies the key players involved, from the founders, senior management, and outside counsel to the issuer’s accountants and marketing advisors.
- Top Tips for Crowdfunding Campaigns under Title III of the JOBS Act Jonathan B. Wilson
- What is an Accredited Investor? Jonathan B. Wilson
- SEC Opens Testing Site For Crowdfund Filings Jonathan B. Wilson
- What In-House Counsel Need to Know about Blank Check IPOs Jonathan B. Wilson
- Cyber Hygiene: Upgrade Your Software, Too Mitzi L. Hill