Our attorneys have many years of experience in guiding public and private companies as both outside and in-house counsel. We advise publicly traded companies on Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting, securities offerings, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, corporate governance, initial public offerings, private placements, private investments in public equity (PIPEs), proxy solicitations, mergers, acquisitions, going-private, spin-offs, hostile takeovers, employee stock option plans, Rule 144 opinions and related regulatory issues.
Client alleged theft by conversion, securities fraud and civil conspiracy. Judge awarded client compensatory damages, punitive damages and attorneys’ fees in excess of $620,000.
Represented southeastern private equity fund in its formation offering, as well as the acquisition and disposition of its portfolio companies.
Represented the shareholders of a privately held insurance brokerage in a sale to private equity, including a rollover of a minority interest by the sellers and on-going employment and other agreements.
Advised multiple clients and prepared private placements to raise financing for new companies or existing companies to expand businesses. Recent work in private placements include an insurance brokerage and a real estate development company.
Represented Basis Real Estate Capital, LLC with the origination and funding of multiple CMBS loan transactions, which were included in an approximately $785 million securitization. Continues to advise and represent client in quarterly CMBS securitization transaction. Represented lender in the negotiation and drafting of CMBS loan documents for a subsequent securitization.
Prepared a private placement memorandum and related documents, including obtaining approval from the Georgia Department of Banking and Finance, for the private issuance of securities by a Georgia-chartered community bank.
Also assisted the medical technology company in sale to a venture capital firm.
- February 9, 2017
- "How to Wreck a Law: How the SEC Thwarted the Will of Congress and the President with Crowdfunding," Heritage ActionOctober 7, 2016
- March 22, 2016
- November 3, 2015
- October 27, 2016
- SEC Adopts Amendments to Implement JOBS Act and FAST Act Changes for Exchange Act Registration RequirementsMay 4, 2016
- May 26, 2015
- August 29, 2013
- July 17, 2013
- SEC Permits Reporting Companies to Use Regulation A Jonathan B. Wilson
- SEC Small Business Advocate Act of 2016 Jonathan B. Wilson
- Boston Brewpub Hopsters Raises Fastest Reg CF Crowdfunding Ever Jonathan B. Wilson
- SEC Compliance and Disclosure Interpretations on Regulation CF Crowdfunding Jonathan B. Wilson
- SEC Adopts Amendments to Implement JOBS Act and FAST Act Changes for Exchange Act Registration Requirements Jonathan B. Wilson
- Top Tips for Crowdfunding Campaigns under Title III of the JOBS Act Jonathan B. Wilson
- SEC Publishes Investor Guide for Crowdfunding Jonathan B. Wilson
- Elio Motors Trades on OTC Markets Jonathan B. Wilson
- View More