Business Organizations, Operations, Finance and Governance
The attorneys in our Corporate and Business law practice support our clients across the spectrum of business organization and operations, including:
- Business organization and planning, entity selection and formation, document preparation, capital formation and finance, restructurings and recapitalizations, and succession planning;
- Structuring, negotiating and documenting investments on behalf of issuers, borrowers, investors and lenders;
- Business operations support, including regulatory compliance; review, negotiation and drafting of commercial agreements, vendor and technology arrangements and documents of every variety; structuring and implementing company policies and procedures;
- Representation of directors, officers, majority/minority shareholders, members and partners in connection with shareholder, membership, non-disclosure and non-compete, employment, stock options, benefits, buy-sell and other agreements;
- Providing corporate governance advice and guidance to for-profit and non-profit boards of directors and executive management on corporate governance issues, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, codes of conduct, risk management, document retention, e-discovery and shareholder rights.
Creation and review of privacy policies and procedures for media, healthcare, retail, service, and other clients in conjunction with findings from security audits and pursuant to emerging regulations such as the CCPA.
Consult on creation and implementation of corporate document retention policies and procedures, including electronic storage and records management.
Counsel to Board of National Industry-Specific Information Sharing and Analysis Center.
Representation of a full service steel center in connection with a steel business plant acquisition and approximately $3 million working line of credit.
Represents numerous small businesses in connection with a variety of general corporate, contract and transactional matters across different industries, including healthcare, publishing, promotional/marketing, restaurant, travel, retail and others.
Represented management in connection with the sale of a large commercial services company by one private equity investor to another. Transaction valued in excess of $200 million.
- Cobb Business Journal, November 17, 2017
- November 6, 2017
- May 6, 2016
- Georgia Piedmont Technical College Conference Center, September 18, 2017
- "Brewery and Distillery Business Entity Selection, Formation, Finance and Insurance," National Business Institute SeminarSmyrna, Ga., March 21, 2017
- Atlanta, Ga., November 15, 2016
- Applying Georgia's Angel Investor Tax Credits to Convertible Promissory Notes Jonathan B. Wilson
- Financial Choice Act
- Real Estate in Mergers and Acquisitions Jonathan B. Wilson
- Growing Congressional Support to Lift the Cuba Embargo Jonathan B. Wilson
- How Could Trump Change U.S. Policy on Cuba? Jonathan B. Wilson
- SEC Small Business Advocate Act of 2016 Jonathan B. Wilson
- Boston Brewpub Hopsters Raises Fastest Reg CF Crowdfunding Ever Jonathan B. Wilson
- SEC Adopts Changes to Rules 147 and 505 Jonathan B. Wilson
- View More