Our lawyers represent aviation clients in the leasing and financing of aircraft, in litigation including products liability, aircraft accidents, and insurance coverage, in regulatory and compliance matters, and in intellectual property protection. Our clients include passenger and cargo airlines, airports, aircraft manufacturers, parts manufacturers, maintenance and service providers, aviation insurers, leasing and finance companies, dealers, and fractional owner-operators.
Our experience includes:
- An estimated $100 billion of aircraft financings.
- An estimated $40 billion of new aircraft purchases.
- Complex aircraft accident litigation throughout the United States on behalf of manufacturers, airlines, fixed-base operators, and insurers.
- Protecting intellectual property of aircraft manufacturers and other aviation businesses.
- Dismissals of copyright claims and separate state action for international airline client sued over use of architectural plans
Represented major airline in claims brought by former vendor alleging misuse of architectural plans for office space. Won motion to dismiss state-court conversion claims, and in subsequent federal copyright-infringement case based on same underlying facts, conducted discovery and negotiated settlement in which plaintiff dismissed the case with prejudice and with no payments from our client.
Represents citizens in numerous judicial challenges to an attempt by Paulding County and outside investor groups to expand the Paulding County Airport to include commercial passenger service in competition with Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson Airport. Lawsuits include challenges to funding of the airport, open meeting violations, violations of Federal Aviation Administration procedures (representation as co-counsel), injunction hearings and Georgia ...
Represented multiple airlines in purchase agreements for an estimated $40 billion of aircraft from Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier, Embraer, and other manufacturers. This includes negotiating with multiple engine manufacturers, related negotiations for maintenance and service contracts, and manufacturer financing commitments.
Represented airlines, lessors, and lenders in the loan and lease financings of more than 2,000 airline-operated aircraft. This includes secured loans, operating leases, and full-payout single-investor and leveraged leases–domestic and cross-border–with a total financed amount estimated at $100 billion.
- August 24, 2016
- July 29, 2016
- July 21, 2016
- May 1, 2013
- Deal is Largest Cargo Aircraft Order in Boeing's 100-Year HistoryJuly 14, 2016
- December 23, 2015
- "Exploring Innovative Solutions for Customers and Partners," MRO/Airline Panel Discussion, 7th Annual Wencor Group Technical SymposiumDana Point, Calif., January 26, 2017
- "Top 10 Things to Know About PMA Restrictions with Aircraft Leasing," 7th Annual Wencor Group Technical SymposiumDana Point, Calif., January 25, 2017
- "OEMS and the Aftermarket–New Generation Fleets, MRO Support and Network Development," Airline Engineering & Maintenance: North AmericaCharlotte, N.C., October 26, 2016
- "Aircraft Maintenance Outsourcing Trends and Review of Technical Provisions in Operating Leases," Aircraft Financing Subcommittee, 2015 Spring MeetingSan Francisco, Calif., April 16, 2015
- "Navigating the Challenges & Risks of a Mature MRO Market To Position Your Business For Growth," MRO Airline Engineering & Maintenance ConferenceSeattle, Wash., September 23, 2014
- February 6, 2014
- April 16, 2013
Morris O. Little Jr.’s practice concentrates on negotiating commercial transactions, including the purchase, sale, and financing of commercial aircraft, parts and equipment, the sale and receipt of aircraft technical services, licensing agreements, and pilot and aircraft maintenance training.