Our Insurance practice understands the insurance business and regulatory environment alongside the legal issues that shape the industry.
We leverage our in-house and outside counsel experience to implement practical solutions, such as:
- Representation of insurance company receiverships
- Acquisition, corporate and board counsel for life and health insurers
- Multi-billion dollar health insurance corporate acquisition transactions
- Appearances before state Insurance Departments on regulatory matters
- Formation and operation of insurance holding companies
- Acquisition of domestic insurance company shell entities
- Representation of carriers in regulatory compliance and acquisition strategies
- Formation of premium finance company affiliates and layering risk in reinsurance markets
- Representation of insurance company receiverships for failed carriers
- General and professional liability defense
- Litigation of insurance and insurance coverage disputes
Working collaboratively with our clients, we provide savvy counsel that considers all possible scenarios and empower them to be good stewards of their stakeholders’ investments.
Navigating New State Laws in the Healthcare Industry
January 23rd, 2024
As we enter a new year, health providers and insurers must be prepared to navigate a variety of state laws that will go into effect this…Read More
‘Twas the Dawn Before Project Completion!
December 20th, 2023
‘Twas the dawn before project completion,And all through the site;Not a worker was working,The schedule was tight! The lender’s attorney…Read More
Why State and Local Governments do Business as Authorities?
December 6th, 2023
Since the great depression gave rise to the Tennessee Valley Authority or TVA in 1933, State and local governments throughout the U.S….Read More
Do Contracting Parties Understand the “Statute of Frauds” ?
November 8th, 2023
Most every state has adopted some form of a “Statute of Frauds” or SoF Statute, prohibiting the enforcement of certain oral contracts….Read More
About Taylor English
Taylor English Duma LLP was built from the ground up to provide highest-quality legal services for optimal value. The firm combines the best aspects of a traditional law firm with seasoned attorneys throughout the United States. Together, our attorneys work each day to provide timely, creative, and cost-effective counsel to help clients solve problems and achieve goals. Taylor English clients run the gamut from Fortune 500 companies to middle market businesses to start ups and entrepreneurs. The firm is the Georgia law firm member of GGI Global Alliance AG, the leading worldwide alliance of accounting and law firms, giving our clients access to a trusted stable of high-quality professional services organizations around the globe.