Seth Kincaid Trimble
Seth Trimble has an international practice with a focus in technology litigation and intellectual property disputes involving patents, trade secrets, trademarks and copyrights.
Mr. Trimble has nationwide experience litigating patent and trademark infringement cases, including cases in federal district courts in Georgia, California, Texas, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Florida, New York, and Virginia. His patent litigation and counseling practice includes experience with a diverse range of technologies, including telecommunications software, wireless networking, utility monitoring systems, computer user interfaces, mobile device software, medical records, prescription prenatal vitamins, water meters, pipe couplings, and metal forming and manufacturing processes.
Mr. Trimble regularly represents clients at all stages of litigation – from pre-filing investigations through appeals. He has significant experience analyzing and responding to demand letters, conducting due diligence, including portfolio analysis, and advising clients on patent and trademark infringement and validity issues. His clients include small startups, medical software providers, manufacturers in numerous industries, e-commerce businesses, and logistics companies, to name a few.
Mr. Trimble’s technology and intellectual property practice benefits from his technical background, and this experience also strengthens his cybersecurity and data privacy practice. Before practicing law, he was a computer programmer and systems specialist at regional hospital and co-owned a technology consulting company.
Mr. Trimble has a particularly deep understanding of the digital aspects of litigation, which allows him to manage investigations and matters involving large volumes of electronically stored information (“ESI”). He is a member of the firm’s e-Discovery Committee and regularly works with clients to efficiently identify, preserve, collect, and produce ESI.
Mr. Trimble is a member of the Atlanta Intellectual Property Inn of Court, as well as the Intellectual Property and Technology Law Sections of the State Bar of Georgia. He has been recognized by Georgia Super Lawyers as a Rising Star and Best Lawyers in America® for his Intellectual Property practice. In his free time, Mr. Trimble enjoys sports and traveling with his wife and their two children.
- Atlanta Intellectual Property Inn of Court, Executive Committee, 2019-present, Member, 2010-present
- Intellectual Property Owners Association, Member
- State Bar of Georgia, Intellectual Property Section, Member, 2010-present, Technology Law Section, Member, 2010-present
- Young Lawyers Division Intellectual Property Law Section, Member, 2013-present
- Valdosta State University Alumni Chapter of Atlanta, President, 2014-2016, Vice President, 2012-2014
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2021-2023
- Georgia Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2018-2020
- Data Security & Privacy
- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Leisure & Hospitality
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, JD, 2010
- Valdosta State University, BS, Computer Information Systems with emphasis in Networking, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
Northern Ga. May Be Popular Patent Venue Post-TC Heartland
May 25th, 2018
Coby Nixon and Seth Trimble predict the Northern District of Georgia to rise as a patent venue post the TC Heartland v. Kraft Food Group…Read More