Charlotte, North Carolina
Ryan Arnold is a member of the firm’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice. He focuses on commercial disputes including disputes related to construction and design professional companies.
Mr. Arnold’s experience includes representing the client directly and representing the client on behalf of the insurance carrier, in all phases of litigation in North Carolina state and federal courts. As such, he has handled all aspects of litigation from prefiling through dispositive motions and trial. He also has prepared for and took depositions of parties, witnesses, and experts in complex commercial construction litigation, personal injury cases, and commercial litigation. Earlier in his career, he represented one of the largest Class 1 railroads in the country in Federal Employees Liability Act cases in state and federal court.
Mr. Arnold has prepared and filed mechanic’s liens on behalf of supplier and contractor clients; and he has reviewed and drafted contracts and other transactional documents for commercial clients.
Mr. Arnold began his career in the Alamance County, North Carolina District Attorney’s Office, where he was the Bridge Grant Recipient and Assistant District Attorney. During his tenure, he represented the State of North Carolina in criminal matters in District Court and handled and disposed of misdemeanors and infractions.
- Construction Section of the North Carolina Bar Association, Member
- Fast and Furryous Agility, LLC, President and Founder
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association, Member
- Mecklenburg County Bar Civil Litigation Section, Member
- Mecklenburg County Bar CLE Committee, Member
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member
- United States Dog Agility Association, Supervising Dog Agility Judge
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2022 – 2023
- Business Torts & Commercial Contract Disputes
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- University of North Carolina School of Law, JD, 2017
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Bachelor of Arts, History, 2012
- North Carolina
- North Carolina Business Court
- North Carolina Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
Billion-Euro Banner Year in 2022 for Irish Data Protection Authorities
March 30th, 2023
Confirming what has been apparent from headlines and tracking, the Irish data protection regulator announced in early March 2023 that it…Read More
Substantive Changes to Testimony in an Errata Sheet? Not so Fast, says the Business Court
March 29th, 2023
It’s not uncommon for a party deponent to give answers that are not helpful to a party’s case. Lawyers spend a lot of time prepping…Read More
Fatal Trench Collapse Results in Manslaughter Charges Against Company Owner and Backhoe Operator!
March 29th, 2023
In July of 2022, a 56 year old construction worker employed by a utility contractor was crushed when the 8 ‘ trench in which he was…Read More
Charges Against a Victim for Lying Show the Importance of Objective Investigations
March 29th, 2023
Officials have charged a 25-year-old employee of Stanford University with making false allegations of rape against a co-worker. She never…Read More