Robert D. “Bo” Strauss
Bo Strauss is a member of Taylor English’s Corporate and Business Department. Mr. Strauss’ practice concentrates on aircraft financing and equipment leasing, which includes single–investor and leveraged leases (domestic and cross-border), representing lessors, lenders, and lessees.
In the aircraft financing area, Mr. Strauss regularly represents several passenger and cargo airlines, as well as lessors and lenders. His work in this area concentrates on financings for commercial aircraft (i.e., airline-operated). Mr. Strauss also handles aircraft purchases and sales, flight services contracts, and other aircraft transactions.
Mr. Strauss chaired the Leasing Subcommittee of the ABA’s Uniform Commercial Code Committee for six years, and he is an active member of the Aircraft Financing and the Loan Documentation Subcommittees in the ABA’s Commercial Financial Services Committee. Mr. Strauss has published extensively (including chapters in PLI’s and Matthew Bender’s current equipment leasing treatises), and he has spoken on lending and leasing topics for seminars sponsored by the American Bar Association, Commercial Law League, Equipment Leasing and Finance Association, Euromoney, Institute for Continuing Legal Education, and Practising Law Institute.
- Aircraft Financing Subcommittee of ABA’s Commercial Financial Services Committee, Member
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2006–2023
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Lawyer of the Year 2011, Atlanta Structured Finance
- Lawyer of the Year 2016, Equipment Finance Law
- Lawyer of the Year 2020, Atlanta Securitization and Structured Finance Law
- Listed in Euromoney’s “Guide to the World’s Leading Aviation Lawyers,” “Who’s Who in America,” and “Who’s Who in American Law”
- American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers, Fellow since 2009
- American Bar Association, Equipment Leasing Subcommittee Chair, 1988–1994
- Corporate & Business
- Equipment Leasing
- Finance & Securities
- Financial Institutions
- Emory University School of Law, JD, 1976
- Emory University, BA, 1973