Mike Rosenthal is a Corporate Partner who focuses his practice on franchising, distribution, business succession planning, and emerging companies. With Mr. Rosenthal’s years of experience representing franchise and service industry clients in day-to-day business counseling, Mr. Rosenthal helps his clients avoid regulatory issues by guiding them through the planning stages of their business. Mr. Rosenthal represents both franchisors and franchisees in all aspects of their business, including Franchise Disclosure Document preparation and review, state registrations, and day-to-day counseling, from start-up to exit.
Mr. Rosenthal’s prior role as an independent Director of Inland Retail Real Estate Trust, Inc. (IRRETI) enables him to view his client’s needs from their perspective. IRRETI was a public real estate investment trust which was one of the largest owners of retail space in the Southeast, having managed over 300 retail shopping centers or single tenant properties.
While Mr. Rosenthal was a member of an Am Law 100 law firm, he counseled a variety of new and experienced franchise clients. For four years, he served as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Georgia. Mr. Rosenthal also served as the Coordinator of Special Projects and Special Assistant Attorney General in the Governor’s Office of Consumer Affairs.
Mr. Rosenthal earned his undergraduate and law degree from the University of Florida.
- American Bar Association Forum on Franchising
- Exit Planning Exchange, Atlanta Chapter, Board Member
- Georgia Bar Association Franchise and Distribution Law Section University of Florida, Alumni Association’s Atlanta Regional Council
- University of Florida, Alumni Advisory Board to the Department of Political Science
- Who’s Who Legal – Franchise Law 2021
- Franchise Times Legal Eagles Class of 2021 and 2022
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2023
- Finance & Securities
- University of Florida, Levin College of Law, JD, 1980
- University of Florida