Mike Sullivan is an experienced trusted advisor to his small and mid-size corporate clients and their owners and C-Level officers, becoming his clients “go-to” lawyer for their legal needs. He helps clients grow their business and profits in a variety of corporate and commercial transactions and documents. He has assisted clients negotiate all forms of complex Corporate and Commercial Agreements and Contracts, Shareholder and Buy-Sell Agreements, Customer & Vendor Agreements, Employment, Independent Contractor & Work for Hire Agreements, Non-Compete Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, etc. His clients are in diverse industries—from manufacturing to professional services to technology.
Mr. Sullivan’s principal areas of concentration include general corporate, commercial and business matters, family-business law, financial matters, and mergers and acquisitions. He works with CPAs and tax experts to advise U.S. clients on their legal structure and other matters when entering new International markets, and he has negotiated numerous cross-border transactions for U.S. clients. He also assists international clients enter North American markets. He helps structure their U.S. operations and assist them in retaining other professional service providers.
Mr. Sullivan has represented clients in private placements of equity and debt securities, venture capital investments, project finance, and joint venture transactions, including SBA Mentor-Protégé joint ventures. He has assisted family-owned clients in establishing advisory Boards and corporate governance matters, and he led professional service teams in planning and implementing succession and estate plans for clients.
Mr. Sullivan began his legal career with a large Wall Street law firm, and later spent several years as an Inside lawyer with a diversity of companies–large and small, hi-tech and low-tech and public and private companies. Before returning to private practice with Taylor English, he was SVP-CLO with Sanmina Corporation, a Fortune 250 Company headquartered in San Jose, California, and a publicly traded global electronic products manufacturing company with 60,000 employees in 23 countries.
While at Sanmina (and prior to that with SCI Systems, Inc.) Mr. Sullivan headed the legal team on numerous public and private financings–Convertible Subordinated Debentures & Notes, Revolving Credit Facilities, Letter of Credit Facilities, Commercial Paper Programs and Industrial Revenue Bonds–and negotiated numerous acquisitions with Multi-National companies in 20 foreign countries.
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section-Corporate Governance Subcommittee, Intellectual Property Committee, Science and Technology Subcommittee, former member
- American Corporate Counsel Association, former member
- Atlanta Bar Association, former member
- Chamblee Business Association
- District of Columbia Bar
- Hands On Atlanta, Volunteer
- National Association of Stock Administrators, former member
- New York State Bar Association
- Peachtree Corners Business Association, Founding Member
- Sandy Springs Clean-Up, Volunteer
- Sandy Springs/Perimeter Chamber of Commerce, Bylaws Committee
- Sandy Springs/Perimeter Chamber of Commerce, Secretary and Member of Board of Directors
- Sandy Springs/Perimeter Chamber of Commerce, Workforce Development Alliance
- Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals, former member
- State Bar of Georgia
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- Georgia Trend’s Legal Elite, Bankruptcy / Creditors’ Rights Law, 2020
- Georgia Trend’s Legal Elite, Corporate Law, 2014-2015
- Corporate & Business
- Emerging Companies
- Finance & Securities
- Financial Institutions
- Government & Internal Investigations
- Government Contracts & Affairs
- International Trade
- Leisure & Hospitality
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- The Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law, JD, 1972
- Fairfield University, BA, political science/government, 1965
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York