Raleigh, North Carolina
Michael Johnston is a member of the firm’s Intellectual Property Department. Mr. Johnston’s more than 25 years of practice is focused on patent prosecution. He counsels his clients on various intellectual property matters, including patent procurement, patentability, patent infringement, validity opinions and litigation.
Mr. Johnston prepares and prosecutes U.S. and foreign patent applications primarily in the medical device, chemical and biotechnology industries. Additionally, he administers and manages clients’ patent portfolios, including the preparation and evaluation of patent assignments and license agreements.
Prior to joining Taylor English, Mr. Johnston was a member of one of the largest law firms in the Southeast. He is a former Environmental Engineer with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- American Bar Association, Section on Intellectual Property, Member
- North Carolina Bar Association, Section on Intellectual Property, Member
- Intellectual Property – Patent
- IP Litigation
- North Carolina Central University, JD
- University of Notre Dame, MS, Environmental Engineering
- University of Notre Dame, BS, Chemical Engineering
- North Carolina
- U.S. Patent Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Patent Trial and Appeal Board
- USPTO, Patent Trial and Appeal Board