Mark V. Hanrahan
Mark Hanrahan is a construction lawyer with more than 35 years of experience in the construction industry. Mr. Hanrahan has extensive experience representing clients in construction-related transactions and disputes. His clients include building owners, both private and public, general contractors, developers, program managers, subcontractors and specialty equipment suppliers.
Mr. Hanrahan has handled the full gamot construction-related disputes, including those involving defaults and terminations, change order and extra work claims, performance and payment bond claims, mechanics’ lien claims, schedule delays, disruptions and accelerations, construction defects, utility relocations, site access and differing site conditions. He regularly represents clients in mediations, arbitrations and litigation.
Mr. Hanrahan also assists clients with construction transactions, including drafting and negotiating construction and development contracts and selecting appropriate project delivery systems, insurance coverages and performance security for their projects. Mr. Hanrahan enjoys representing clients throughout the project life cycle—from pre-construction planning through closeout—and seeks to provide his clients maximum value by emphasizing problem solving and dispute avoidance.
Before his law career, Mr. Hanrahan was a project engineer and project manager with HCB Contractors and assisted with the management and construction of numerous commercial and institutional projects including the construction of the IBM Tower in Atlanta, Georgia; Union Station in St. Louis, Missouri; Stouffer’s Hotel, Legg Mason Office Tower in Baltimore, Maryland; HealthPark Hospital in Fort Myers, Florida; Waterside Marketplace in Norfolk, Virginia; and St. Mary’s Hospital in West Palm Beach, Florida.
Prior to joining Taylor English, Mr. Hanrahan was a named partner at two construction law boutique firms and a member of an American international corporate law firm and a large, national law firm’s construction practices.
Mr. Hanrahan is fully engaged in the construction industry and is an active participant with the Associated General Contractors (AGC) as a member of the Board of Directors and Legislative Committee of AGC Georgia.
- American Bar Association, Forum on the Construction Industry and Litigation Section
- Associated Building Contractors, Legislative Committee, Former Member
- Associated General Contractors, Georgia Branch, Legislative Committee, Board of Directors, 2017
- Atlanta Bar Association, Construction Section, Former Board Member
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent Peer Rating
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2019-2023
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Atlanta Litigation – Construction “Lawyer of the Year,” 2022
- Georgia Super Lawyers
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Georgia State College of Law, JD, cum laude
- Auburn University, BS, Building Construction
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia