Mark R. Moeller
Mark Moeller’s relatively unique in-house and private practice experience has given him a greater understanding of the critical issues for purchasers and sellers, borrowers and lenders, landlords and tenants, and developers and contractors. He excels at finding creative solutions for complex problems and difficult negotiations because he understands what is important for the parties on both sides of the transaction. His attention to detail enables him to discover and solve future problems during his review of title, survey, leases, zoning, environmental and other due diligence items. He has been selected by his peers in the 2019 and 2020 editions of Best Lawyers in America® for Commercial Real Estate.
In addition to doing extensive work with traditional retail, office, apartment, industrial and warehouse properties, he also has extensive experience in student housing, senior living, golf course, hotel and timber transactions. As a member of the Real Estate Department and the Lending and Corporate Finance Department at Taylor English, his practice includes acquisition, sale, financing, leasing and development work. He represents lenders and borrowers in connection with acquisition, construction and permanent loan financings. He also represents landlords and tenants in leasing transactions.
Prior to joining Taylor English, Mr. Moeller served as real estate regional counsel for The Prudential Insurance Company of America for 13 years and was in private practice with an international full-service law firm and an international and public policy firm. In addition to acquisition, sale, development, and leasing work at Prudential, he was responsible for closing more than 200 loans totaling more than $2.95 billion during a 10-year period. At Prudential, Mr. Moeller also handled all timber acquisitions (more than $257 million), sales, leasing and property management issues for PruTimber, a subsidiary of Prudential that invested money for pension funds. At his first private firm, he focused on acquisition, financing, and development work and completed 18 acquisitions totaling more than $133 million, including golf courses, hotels and student housing projects.
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Association Committee on Life Insurance Company Investments, Former Chairman
- American Bar Association Committee on Technology and Commercial Mortgage Lending, Former Vice Chairman
- Atlanta’s Traditional Okinawan Karate-do Dojo, Founder and Head Instructor, 1987-present
- Praise Team at the Lutheran Church of the Resurrection, Guitar Player, 1999-present
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of Georgia Committee on Legal Opinions for Real Estate Transactions
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2019-2023
- Corporate & Business
- Finance & Securities
- Financial Institutions
- Leisure & Hospitality
- Real Estate
- Duke University Law School, JD, with honors, 1986
- University of Michigan, BA, English Honors Program, with honors, 1982