Innovative corporate leadership and its positive impact on his clients’ success is Marc Taylor’s passion. He believes in seizing opportunities for his clients, representing many industry sectors with both astute conscientiousness and considered pragmatism. From organizational policy reviews to multimillion-dollar transactions through to exit strategies, Mr. Taylor has provided corporate counsel to businesses and their executives with an eye on their future.
Along with his colleagues, Mr. Taylor has helped drive the growth of Taylor English from four lawyers to approximately 180 lawyers today, making the firm the fastest-growing law firm in Georgia and one of the fastest-growing firms in the country. In his law practice, Mr. Taylor represents management in corporate leadership, litigation and risk mitigation and labor and employment relationships.
When corporate matters lead to litigation, Mr. Taylor has proudly advocated for clients in hundreds of matters. He is comfortable leading the defense of his clients due to his experience as trial counsel in federal and state courts throughout the country.
In representations involving employees, Mr. Taylor handles matters for employers ranging from individual and class action discrimination lawsuits to state law defamation and tort claims. He has successfully represented employers in federal and state courts, as well as administrative proceedings before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) and various state agencies in more than 30 states.
Before forming Taylor English Duma LLP, Mr. Taylor practiced law at an Atlanta-based, full service law firm, serving as a partner from 1997-2005, and as in-house employment counsel at Medaphis Corp. (now McKesson Corp.), a company with more than 10,000 employees, from 1995-1997. While serving as in-house employment counsel, he was responsible for investigating and handling all employment-related disputes. In this role, he developed and implemented nationwide employment law training programs and an alternative dispute resolution program that succeeded in reducing Medaphis’ employment-related lawsuits by 75 percent in a two-year period.
Mr. Taylor has been a frequent speaker at seminars that focus on topics involving a full range of law firm and legal department management, corporate strategy and employment relationship issues.
He is married and has three children.
- Atlanta Bar Association, Foundation Board, 2010-present
- College of William & Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law Foundation, Board of Directors, 2010-present
- Cool Girls Inc., Board of Directors, 2007-2010
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Board of Directors, 2000-2005
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta, 2012-present
- Leadership Atlanta, Class of 2013
- State Bar of Georgia, 1990-present
- Warren Boys & Girls Club, Board of Directors, 1994-1998
- Chambers USA: Leading Business Lawyers – Labor and Employment, 2013-2022
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2013-2023
- Georgia Super Lawyers, 2007-2023
- Georgia Trend’s Legal Elite, Labor and Employment, 2005, 2009, 2011-2013
- Corporate & Business
- Employment & Labor Litigation
- Entertainment & Sports
- College of William and Mary Marshall-Wythe School of Law, JD, 1989
- College of William and Mary, BA, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
Showing Gratitude this Holiday Season
November 29th, 2022
As we dive into the holiday season, we tend to find ourselves wound up in garland, Christmas lists, turkeys… and our day-to-day work….Read More
Taylor English Tenets: Tenet One – Be Fanatical About Responsiveness
August 25th, 2022
Changing landscapes and expectations make interpersonal communication, time management and active listening the gold standard for…Read More
We are OneTED
July 29th, 2022
It has been great to have more than 100 of our attorneys in Atlanta this week to for our #OneTED all attorney meeting. The beautiful…Read More
Taylor English Seeks National Growth While Keeping Hybrid Approach
January 19th, 2022
In a recent interview with the Daily Report, Marc Taylor discussed the firm’s hybrid working model and growth plans for 2022. Taylor…Read More