LeeAnn Jones is a problem solver. As a trial lawyer with more than 30 years’ experience, she helps clients resolve complex litigation disputes in federal and state courts, and arbitration proceedings throughout Georgia and nationwide. She gains an in-depth understanding of the client’s business and industry to develop and execute litigation strategies designed to achieve an optimal legal outcome consistent with the client’s business goals and objectives. She has used this approach to successfully represent companies of all sizes in commercial, personal injury, product liability, and other tort litigation, and in consumer class actions. Her cases frequently involve technical, scientific, and medical issues, and she excels at mastering complex concepts to communicate them simply and effectively to a judge or jury.
Ms. Jones has developed and implemented national and regional coordinating counsel programs to assist clients in efficiently managing and coordinating discovery and litigation arising in multiple similar cases and pre-suit claims.
Ms. Jones also has represented companies, community banks, and national/regional banks as both plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of business litigation matters, including claims for breach of contract, supply chain and other vendor disputes, lender liability, business torts, fraud, RICO, wrongful foreclosure, real estate, and other business disputes.
Ms. Jones draws upon her experience as a trial lawyer and her problem- solving skills to advise clients about litigation avoidance strategies and assist in pre-litigation claim investigations, risk assessments, and early case evaluations to achieve cost-effective outcomes. She has successfully resolved numerous cases through mediation and serves as a mediator and arbitrator as a neutral registered with the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution.
Ms. Jones is an active community leader and volunteer, serving on the Boards of national and local non-profit organizations and is a co-chair of firm’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee. She is an avid sports fan and recreational endurance athlete who enjoys gardening, politics, music and outdoor activities.
- Atlanta Bar Association: Member of Dispute Resolution, Litigation, and Women in the Profession Sections
- Human Rights Campaign: Emeritus Council, 2018 – Present, National Board of Directors, 2007-2013
- Board of Governors, 2003-2007
- Atlanta Steering Committee, 2002-2014
- Jerusalem House: Board of Directors, 2008-2014
- Executive Committee, 2010-2014
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Leadership Atlanta, Class of 2015
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training, volunteer fundraiser participating in half-marathons, marathons, and triathlons, 2001-2008
- State Bar of Georgia: Member of Alternative Dispute Resolution and General Practice and Trial, and Product Liability Sections
- Stonewall Bar Association of Georgia Inc.
- America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators® (Georgia), 2018-2019
- Georgia Super Lawyers, 2007
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2022
- The University of Georgia, Order of the Coif, Order of Barristers, Phi Beta Kappa
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Complex Tort & Product Liability Litigation
- Environmental & Toxic Tort
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- The University of Georgia, JD, magna cum laude, 1986
- The University of Georgia, AB, magna cum laude, 1983
- Arbitration Training and Skills Practicum, Henning Mediation & Arbitration Service Inc., 2014
- Civil Mediation Training and Skills Practicum, Henning Mediation & Arbitration Service Inc., 2012
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Strategies for Risk Mitigation in Production and Distribution of IoT Devices
March 20th, 2019
The Internet of Things (IoT) has introduced the world to a legion of so-called “smart” devices that drive an increasingly connected…Read More
Products Liability and the Evolving Internet of Things
March 19th, 2019
The Internet of Things (IoT) is a rapidly evolving way of thinking about the internet and how the devices we use every day interact. IoT…Read More