Lawrence C. Drucker
New York, New York
Lawrence C. Drucker is a partner in Taylor English’s IP Litigation Department. His practice focuses on patent, copyright, trademark, unfair competition and other commercial litigation matters. Mr. Drucker has more than 30 years of trial experience in US District Courts throughout the nation, including in Texas, Delaware, California, Florida and New York. He has also represented numerous clients before appellate courts, in ITC investigations and in inter partes and post-grant review proceedings in the PTAB.
Mr. Drucker has skillfully represented both plaintiffs and defendants in high-stakes patent disputes involving a wide variety of technologies, including automotive, semiconductor, LED lighting and displays, smartphones, cannabis vaping products, medical devices, consumer electronics, copy protection and anti-piracy technology, data transmission and analytics, radio frequency identification systems, robotics, optical systems and manufacturing processes for consumer goods. Mr. Drucker is also an experienced commercial litigator, representing clients in a wide variety of cases involving breach of contract, fraud, antitrust, bankruptcy, trust and estates, and other business disputes.
Mr. Drucker has unique and specific experience handling cases that have been financed by litigation funders. He seamlessly guides clients through the litigation funding process and is particularly experienced in the management and monetization of IP portfolios. Mr. Drucker frequently represents litigation funders as outside diligence counsel is often recommended by funders to represent claimants as lead counsel in litigation.
Outside of his litigation practice, Mr. Drucker routinely serves as an advisor to clients in the negotiation and drafting of patent, trademark and copyright license agreements, joint venture and funding agreements and other business contracts.
Prior to joining Taylor English, Mr. Drucker practiced at an AmLaw 50 law firm where he was a partner. He is a frequent participant at IP Dealmakers and Litigation Funding Dealmakers events.
- Greenpoint Shul, Board of Directors
- Greenpoint Coalition, Founder and Board Member
- North Brooklyn Neighbors, Environmental Justice Working Group, Member
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Torts & Commercial Contract
- Intellectual Property – Patent
- Intellectual Property – Trademark
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Columbia Law School, JD, 1988, Columbia/VLA Journal of Law and the Arts
- Queens College of the City University of New York, BA, summa cum laude, 1985
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Microsoft Joins Call to Regulate AI
June 1st, 2023
How to regulate artificial intelligence (AI)? Google has spoken up to support regulation already, the EU has proposed rules already, and…Read More
Taylor English Earns Recognition in 2023 Chambers USA Rankings
June 1st, 2023
ATLANTA, June 1, 2023 – Taylor English Duma LLP is pleased to announce the firm’s recognition in the 2023 edition of Chambers USA, a…Read More
Putting a Face Upon Atlanta’s Working Poor Families!
May 31st, 2023
If you did not live in the Bankhead neighborhood of northwest Atlanta ten years ago, there was little reason to go there. Very few…Read More
The Problem of Kids Aging Out of Foster Care
May 31st, 2023
The last day of this month, which has focused on foster care, very appropriately is National Aging Out of Foster Care Awareness Day. …Read More