Lawrence C. Drucker
New York, New York
Lawrence C. Drucker is a partner in Taylor English’s IP Litigation Department. Mr. Drucker’s practice focuses on patent, copyright, trademark, unfair competition and other commercial litigation matters. He has more than 30 years of trial experience in U.S. District Courts throughout the nation, including in Texas, Delaware, California, Florida and New York. He has also represented numerous clients before appellate courts, in ITC investigations and in inter partes and post-grant review proceedings in the PTAB.
Mr. Drucker has skillfully represented both plaintiffs and defendants in high-stakes patent disputes involving a wide variety of technologies, including automotive, semiconductor, LED lighting and displays, smartphones, cannabis vaping products, medical devices, consumer electronics, copy protection and anti-piracy technology, data transmission and analytics, radio frequency identification systems, robotics, optical systems and manufacturing processes for consumer goods. He is also an experienced commercial litigator, representing clients in a wide variety of cases involving breach of contract, fraud, antitrust, bankruptcy, trust and estates, and other business disputes.
Mr. Drucker has unique and specific experience handling cases that have been financed by litigation funders. He seamlessly guides clients through the litigation funding process and is particularly experienced in the management and monetization of IP portfolios. Mr. Drucker frequently represents litigation funders as outside diligence counsel is often recommended by funders to represent claimants as lead counsel in litigation.
Outside of his litigation practice, Mr. Drucker routinely serves as an advisor to clients in the negotiation and drafting of patent, trademark and copyright license agreements, joint venture and funding agreements and other business contracts.
Prior to joining Taylor English, Mr. Drucker practiced at an AmLaw 50 law firm where he was a partner. He is a frequent participant at IP Dealmakers and Litigation Funding Dealmakers events.
- Greenpoint Shul, Board of Directors
- Greenpoint Coalition, Founder and Board Member
- North Brooklyn Neighbors, Environmental Justice Working Group, Member
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Torts & Commercial Contract
- Intellectual Property – Patent
- Intellectual Property – Trademark
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Columbia Law School, JD, 1988, Columbia/VLA Journal of Law and the Arts
- Queens College of the City University of New York, BA, summa cum laude, 1985
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Making Informed Decisions: Arbitration and Litigation for Small Business Owners
December 7th, 2023
As a small business owner, you understand that disputes are an unfortunate but inevitable aspect of business operations. When conflicts…Read More
Bipartisan Bill Would End Involuntary Use of Facial Recognition Tech at Airports
December 7th, 2023
Senators concerned about the collection and retention of biometric data (facial recognition) by the TSA have introduced a bill that would…Read More
Why State and Local Governments do Business as Authorities?
December 6th, 2023
Since the great depression gave rise to the Tennessee Valley Authority or TVA in 1933, State and local governments throughout the U.S….Read More
Mandated Reporter Acquitted
December 6th, 2023
An Arkansas jury has acquitted a school employee for failure to reports his brother’s sexual abuse of various children. The brother pled…Read More