Jonathan B. Wilson is an experienced business lawyer who enjoys solving complex business and transactional problems for clients. Mr. Wilson applies his more than 30 years of experience as an in-house lawyer, business adviser and strategist to help business executives and owners achieve negotiated solutions to technology and financial transactions.
Mr. Wilson is a member of the firm’s Corporate and Business Department and his practice includes corporate securities, corporate finance and governance, mergers and acquisitions, and intellectual property. He represents Fortune 100, middle-market and start-up companies.
Mr. Wilson was the general counsel or chief legal officer of Interland Inc., Web.com Group Inc. and EasyLink Services International Corp., where he advised senior management and the boards of directors on U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting, NASDAQ compliance, Sarbanes-Oxley matters, corporate governance, governmental affairs, contracts, litigation, intellectual property and mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Wilson spent the first 10 years of his career in private practice with large Atlanta law firms, including a leading international firm and one of the nation’s most prestigious corporate firms.
Mr. Wilson has represented both large and small companies in outsourcing, patent licensing, software licensing, distribution and strategic alliance agreements.
- Internet Industry Committee, ABA Public Utility Section, Chair, 1996-2009
- Renewable Energy Committee, American Bar Association Public Utility Section, Chair, 2009-2015
- State Bar of Georgia, Executive Committee, International Law Section, 1998-2001
- State Bar of Georgia, Board of Governors, 1995-1998
- American Law Institute Continuing Legal Education (ALI CLE) Corporate/Entities Law Advisor Panel, Member
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2017-2023
- Georgia Super Lawyers, 2021-2023
- Georgia Trend’s Legal Elite, Technology Law, 2010-2012, Corporate Law, 2013-2014, 2016, 2018, 2022, Business Law, 2018-2019
- Cannabis Law Corporate & Business
- Corporate & Business
- Data Security & Privacy
- Finance & Securities
- Intellectual Property
- Mergers & Aquistions
- George Washington University School of Law, JD, 1991
- College of William and Mary, BA, with honors, 1988
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
FinCEN Extends Deadline for Companies Created or Registered in 2024 to File Beneficial Ownership Information Reports
November 30th, 2023
FinCEN – the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network of the U.S. Treasury – on November 29th announced that it was issuing a final rule to…Read More
FinCEN Corporate Transparency Act FAQs
November 17th, 2023
On November 16, 2023 FinCEN issued additional FAQs on their website to answer new questions about the reporting process, reporting…Read More
FinCEN Finalizes Rule on Use of FinCEN Identifiers by Entities
November 7th, 2023
Today, FinCEN released its final rule on the use of FinCEN Identifiers for reporting beneficial ownership information of entities. The…Read More
Uncle Sam Wants You
October 23rd, 2023
I want you . . . to send me your most challenging hypotheticals under the Corporate Transparency Act. I am hoping to publish on this site…Read More