Jeff D. Woodward
Jeff Woodward is a corporate lawyer with Taylor English in Atlanta, Georgia where he represents small to medium businesses (SMB’s) in a variety of corporate matters, including formation, capital raising, mergers and acquisitions, strategic partnerships, and commercial contracting. He works with many of the firm’s start-up clients, representing both entrepreneurs and investors in early-stage investments, intellectual property protection and licensing, incentive compensation and growth strategies. He is a frequent mentor and judge in start-up and business plan competitions and works with a number of business programs.
Mr. Woodward has developed a practice representing social entrepreneurs and impact investors, and is involved in the passage of B-corporation legislation in Georgia. He is a founding board member of Village Capital, an international accelerator program and investment fund for seed-stage social enterprises, and is a founding member of the Georgia Social Impact Collaborative. Mr. Woodward is a frequent speaker and panelist on issues related to entrepreneurs, investors and social enterprise.
In addition, he has more than 20 years of experience advising private foundations and public charities on a variety of matters, including PRI/MRI investments, and developing sustainable for-profit subsidiaries of tax-exempt organizations. He has founded three nonprofit companies, Attest Capital Resources, a third-party fiscal sponsor facilitating blended capital flow into social enterprises and disaster relief funds, Community Redevelopment Inc. (now known as HouseProud) a community-based housing redevelopment company, and the Atlanta Community Toolbank, a national distributor of tools and materials to nonprofits and disaster areas. He currently serves as the Chairman of the Board of the Georgia Center for Nonprofits.
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Community ToolBank Inc., Founder
- Community Redevelopment Inc. (HouseProudflea), Founder
- Georgia Social Impact Collaborative (GSIC), Founding Member
- Invanti, Advisory Board Member
- State Bar of Georgia
- The Georgia Center for Nonprofits, Board Chair, Director
- The Guild, Director
- Village Capital, Founding Director, past Board of Directors
- Wesley Foundation at Georgia Tech, past Board of Directors
- Georgia Trend’s Legal Elite, Technology Law, 2010-2012
- Georgia Trend’s Legal Elite, Corporate Law, 2013-2014
- Georgia Super Lawyers, 2004
- Corporate & Business
- Emerging Companies
- Finance & Securities
- Licensing Transactions Mergers & Acquisitions
- Social Enterprise
- University of Notre Dame Law School, JD, 1987
- University of Notre Dame, BA, 1983