Jake Baccari is a partner in Taylor English’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department. Based in Miami, Florida, Mr. Baccari is a Florida Bar Board Certified Specialist in International Law.
Mr. Baccari focuses his practice on litigation, regulatory matters and multi-jurisdictional dispute resolution, with a particular focus on Asia. He represents clients in a wide range of industries, including aerospace, automotive, banking and finance, energy, hospitality, private equity, and private wealth.
Mr. Baccari represents clients in multijurisdictional and domestic litigation and arbitration. He also has experience in federal and state court proceedings throughout the United States. Mr. Baccari has represented clients in contentious and regulatory matters across the United States, as well as in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. He also has experience conducting investigations and advising clients on corporate affairs and crisis situations.
Prior to joining Taylor English, Mr. Baccari was a partner, co-lead of the Japan Practice Group, and co-lead of the International Disputes Practice in Miami, for an AmLaw 100 firm. He previously served as senior group counsel for a multinational financial institution based in Singapore and global coordinating disputes counsel for Japanese clients in the Tokyo office of an international law firm as a registered foreign attorney with the Japan Federation of Bar Associations. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Alabama at Birmingham and his law degree from the University of Miami School of Law.
- District of Columbia Bar, Member
- Japanese Business Association Miami, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Southeast U.S./Japan Association, Florida Delegation, Member
- The Florida Bar, Member; International Law Certification Committee, Member
- Best Lawyers in Japan, 2019 – 2022
- Chambers Asia-Pacific, Dispute Resolution, 2015
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2015
- The Florida Bar, Board Certified Expert in International Law
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- University of Miami School of Law, JD, magna cum laude, 2004
- University of Alabama at Birmingham, BA, 1998
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida