Gregrory G. Schultz
Gregory Schultz represents developers, borrowers and lenders in the acquisition, development, financing and leasing of commercial real estate. As a former CPA, Mr. Schultz brings his accounting and financial background to each engagement.
He has represented clients in numerous transactions in multifamily, office, retail, senior living, adaptive-ruse, affordable housing and industrial real estate development transactions. A number of these transactions involve tax planning, such as tax-free exchanges and opportunity zone acquisition and development transactions. Mr. Schultz also has represented numerous tenants and landlords in lease negotiations. His practice also includes representing lenders and borrowers in real estate lending transactions. He has more than 25 years of commercial real estate experience.
Mr. Schultz also has extensive experience in construction and real estate litigation, including title disputes, mechanic’s liens, construction defects and insurance coverage. In particular, he has represented insurers and policyholders in connection with insurance coverage disputes and contribution actions for defense and indemnity involving significant claims throughout the country. In addition, he represents lenders, borrowers, title insurance companies and lien holders in real estate litigation matters, such as quiet title litigation, reformation, lien priority disputes and similar matters.
Prior to joining Taylor English, Mr. Schultz was a partner at an Atlanta- based, full service law firm, and prior to attending law school, Mr. Schultz practiced as a certified public accountant with a big six accounting firm, where he performed audit and tax services for real estate clients, and as a controller for an Atlanta-based real estate developer.
- American Bar Association, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section, Past Vice Chair
- Atlanta Bar Association, Real Estate Section Board of Directors, 2020-2021
- Chair of the Real Estate Section of the Atlanta Bar Association, 2023
- Boy Scouts of America, Troop 298, 2000-2015
- Buckhead Community Church, 2004-present
- State Bar of Georgia, Real Property and Bankruptcy Sections
- Best Lawyers in America®, 2023
- Chambers USA: Leading Business Lawyers – Real Estate, 2014-2017
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, 2001-present
- “2013 Top Lawyer” in Construction, ALM and Martindale-Hubbell
- Georgia Trend’s Legal Elite, Construction Law, 2019
- Georgia Trend’s Legal Elite, Real Estate Law, 2012, 2018-2019
- Finance & Securities
- Financial Institutions
- Real Estate
- The University of Georgia, JD, cum laude, 1992
- The University of Georgia, BBA, accounting, cum laude, 1983
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
Business Interruption Insurance Claims Arising Out of Coronavirus/COVID-19
September 1st, 2020
In an article published by the Georgia Bar Journal, Don Boyle and Greg Schultz discuss first-party coverage for business interruption…Read More
COVID-19 and Lease Obligations
March 31st, 2020
Rent Abatement Requests In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, tenants are looking closely at leases to see if any relief can be found or…Read More