Edward M. Newsom
Eddie Newsom brings nearly four decades of experience to Taylor English. He focuses his practice on product liability, toxic torts, and defense of personal injury claims. A poised trial lawyer, Mr. Newsom has tried approximately 50 cases to verdict in state and federal courts in Georgia and across the United States.
Mr. Newsom has first-chair experience litigating catastrophic loss and “bet-the-company” cases, as well as cases with lesser exposure. His experience provides him with a unique perspective, allowing him to seamlessly guide clients through high-stakes litigation while providing them with appropriate and efficient approaches to protect their legal interests.
For almost 20 years, Mr. Newsom has served as national trial counsel for a Fortune 400 company. In this role, he has been responsible for the company’s asbestos and toxic torts litigation and responsible for the successful resolution of more than 1,000 litigated claims for the client.
Outside of his practice, Mr. Newsom has been a presenter at American Bar Association and State Bar of Georgia CLE conferences.
- State Bar of Georgia, Member
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2022.2023
- Georgia Super Lawyers, 2017-2020
- Georgia Trend’s Legal Elite, General Practice / Trail Law and Personal Injury Law, 2012-2014
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Rated
- Environmental & Toxic Tort
- Product Liability & Complex Torts
- University of North Carolina School of Law, JD, 1982
- University of North Carolina, BA, 1979