Donald P. Boyle Jr.
For more than 30 years, Donald P. Boyle Jr. (Don) has successfully litigated complex commercial, environmental, and tort matters in state and federal trial and appellate courts in Georgia and across the eastern United States. Don has represented major manufacturers and other large corporations in state and federal courts in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia. Individual clients and small businesses also get his full attention and care.
Don is dedicated to helping his clients find a legal solution to their business objectives. He considers his law practice to be most successful when he has helped clients find a happy resolution to their legal disputes, whether through mediation and settlement, motion, or trial.
His litigation work has included general commercial litigation, contract disputes, insurance coverage, environmental (CERCLA), debtor-creditor, eminent domain, construction disputes, product liability, and toxic torts. He is knowledgeable and experienced in appellate practice.
Since 2004, Don has been a member of the Editorial Board of the Georgia Bar Journal and was Editor-in-Chief of the Journal from 2007-2010. He lectures and writes frequently on topics in the area of commercial and appellate litigation.
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- State Bar of Georgia, Member, Editorial Board, Georgia Bar Journal, 2004 – present, Editor-in-Chief, 2007 – 2010
- Virginia State Bar
- Pennbrooke Homeowners Association Board of Directors, Vice President, 2006 – present
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- Georgia Super Lawyers, 2017 – 2019
- “Business Interruption Insurance Claims Arising Out of Coronavirus/COVID-19,” Georgia Bar Journal, September 1, 2020
- “Strategies for Risk Mitigation in Production and Distribution of IoT Devices,” Corporate Counsel, March 19, 2019
- “Products Liability and the Evolving Internet of Things,” Corporate Counsel, March 18, 2019
- “Seeing Through Legalese: More Essays on Plain Language,” Georgia Bar Journal, April 2018
- “Construction Law for The General Practitioner,” Institute of Continuing Legal Education: State Bar Series, August 17, 2017
- Creditors’ Rights & Bankruptcy
- Environmental, Heath and Safety
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- College of William & Mary, JD, 1989
- University of Virginia, BA, summa cum laude, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
How the Community Can Help Foster Kids Cope with the Holidays
December 3rd, 2022
We’ve discussed before how the community can help foster families. This time of year, there is an even greater need for community…Read More
The Art of the Deal in Three Easy Steps
December 1st, 2022
Completing a deal, negotiating a contract, or even figuring out where to eat lunch is all about the “Art of the Deal”. So, what does it…Read More
Pardons for Controversial Child Abuse Convictions
November 30th, 2022
Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker announced several pardons as he is leaving office, including those of Gerald Amirault and his sister,…Read More
Showing Gratitude this Holiday Season
November 29th, 2022
As we dive into the holiday season, we tend to find ourselves wound up in garland, Christmas lists, turkeys… and our day-to-day work….Read More