Deitra Crawley brings extensive domestic and international experience providing strategic counsel to a range of clients. A well-rounded and dynamic practitioner of the law, Ms. Crawley is known for driving efficiency for clients. Ms. Crawley’s background underscores her agility and professionalism as a general counselor.
Having fostered partnerships abroad–including projects in South Africa, Croatia, Kazakhstan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Russia, the United Arab Emirates, the European Union and Australia–Ms. Crawley is well-versed in partnering with senior leaders on strategic planning and overseeing corporate governance. Having supported large business transactions and agreements, she possesses unique insight into the world of negotiations and associated business structures.
With an eye on corporate management and alignment, Ms. Crawley’s legal path led her to partner with a number of corporations seeking general counsel support. Each client experience reinforced her passion as a strategic legal advocate and her commitment to setting businesses up for long-term success. Ms. Crawley seeks to not only advise but empower clients, which she continues in her role as factional general counsel.
Ms. Crawley’s work with minority-owned Concessions International, LLC exemplifies her value-driven approach to strategic counsel. The multi-year corporate partnership included many phases of discovery and refinement to restructuring the company for financial and operational success. During her time with Concessions International, Ms. Crawley embedded herself in the company by advising senior leadership, rendering legal leadership to joint venture enterprises and buy-sell transactions, supporting franchise agreements, managing government investigations, assisting with restaurant industry compliance and providing crisis counsel during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Ms. Crawley’s quest for betterment extends beyond client work to serve the greater community. Her work with Scouts BSA, Trees Atlanta and launch of her own non-profit organization Global Community MILK underscore her continued efforts to enhance and improve the world around her.
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association (AFCEA), 2015
- Atlanta Area Council, Scouts of America, Board of Directors
- Cyber Huntsville, Board of Directors, Membership Chairperson, 2013-2014
- Federal Bar Association, Government Contracts Section, Chair, 2016-Present
- Federal Bar Association, International Law Section
- Gate City Bar Association
- Georgia District Export Council
- Global Ties Alabama, Advisory Council, 2014-Present
- Global Ties Alabama, Board Member and Officer, 2011-2012, 2013-2015
- Leadership Fairfax, 2010
- Leadership Huntsville, 2011
- Maryland State Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Southwest Atlanta Partnership, Inc., Board Secretary
- Trees Atlanta, Board Member
- Turkish American Business Association, Representative for Alabama Congressional Districts 3, 4, and 5
- Women in Defense (WID), GA Chapter, Board of Directors
- Urban Fellow, Space Study – Istanbul, Georgia State University Law School, 2013
- Leadership Award, Global Ties Alabama, 2012
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Corporate & Business
- Data Security & Privacy
- Emerging Companies
- Government & Internal Investigations
- Government Contracts
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- George Washington University Law School, JD, 2001
- Auburn University, MPA, Patricia Roberts Harris Fellow, 1992
- Auburn University, BA, Departmental Honors, 1990
- Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia