Craig Dowdy is a Partner in the firm’s Corporate and Business Department and is the Director of Utilities & Regulated Industries with Taylor English Decisions. He combines his knowledge of energy and telecommunications matters with more than 40 years of experience with public policy, legislative affairs and commercial litigation. Mr. Dowdy provides high quality customer service by identifying his client’s problem and working to find a solution that exceeds expectations.
Mr. Dowdy has experience on the executive team of a large publicly traded energy company, and he understands all aspects of utility operations and regulation on the state and federal levels. Mr. Dowdy was the Senior Vice President, External Affairs, Corporate Communications and Marketing for Spire Inc. in St. Louis Mo. – the fifth-largest publicly traded natural gas utility holding company in the U.S. serving 1.7 million customers across Missouri, Alabama and Mississippi. In that role, he was part of the company’s executive council that provided strategic guidance, governance, and oversight to its affiliated companies including its five natural gas utilities (Laclede Gas Company, Alabama Gas Corporation, Mobile Gas Service Corporation, and Willmut Gas and Oil Company), natural gas marketing company, and an emerging technologies group.
Mr. Dowdy has a distinguished career in corporate litigation and public policy experience. He became partner with an international law and public policy firm where he focused on state and federal public utility law, energy and telecommunications law, in addition to public policy, legislative affairs and commercial litigation. He represented clients in major rate case litigation, energy supply agreements, pipeline replacement and strategic infrastructure programs as well as mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Dowdy has practiced before state and federal courts, including appellate courts, and has practiced before state Public Service Commissions and FERC.
His career began as Manager of Business and Product Planning at Westinghouse Power Systems. Mr. Dowdy directed strategic business and product planning including research, development and marketing communications.
Mr. Dowdy and his wife, Neeahtima, have three children and are members of the Episcopal Church of St. Peter and St. Paul. Mr. Dowdy has served as the Chairmen of the Endowment Board and as the Senior Warden of the Vestry.
- 1996 Cobb County Chairman State Finance Committee Bob Dole for President
- 2000 George W. Bush For President Campaign, Cobb County Co-Chairman, Georgia Steering Committee, And Finance Committee
- 2000 George W. Bush Recount Team – West Palm Beach, FL
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Barr For Congress Campaign Chairman, Past Treasure and Counsel
- Business Council of Alabama, Past Director
- Center Of Creative Arts, Past Director
- Cobb County Commission Ordinance Revision Study Committee
- Cobb County Republican Party, Past General Counsel
- Coverdell Leadership Institute
- Federalist Society
- Georgia Bar Association
- Georgia Chamber Governmental Affairs Council
- Georgia Chamber of Commerce Energy and Natural Resources Committee, Board Member
- Georgia Republican Foundation
- Georgia Republican Lawyers Foundation
- Georgia Republican Party, State Committee
- Governor-Elect Sonny Purdue Inaugural Committee
- Hawthorn Foundation, Past Director
- Kansas City Area Development Council, Past Director
- Kennesaw State University Department of Political Science Advisory Board
- Lake Lanier Islands Development Authority State Board, Board Member Chairman of the Infrastructure Committee, and Vice Chairman of the Board
- Lawdragon 500, Previous Member
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta, Inc., Member
- Montgomery Area Chamber Of Commerce, Past Director
- National Moot Court Committee, Past Chairman
- Republican Leadership for Georgia, Director
- Saxby Chambliss for Senate Leadership Council
- St. Paul Episcopal Church Former Chairman of the Endowment Board and Former Senior Warden of the Vestry
- State Finance Director Huckabee for President Campaign
- The Economic Development Partnership of Alabama, Inc., Past Director
- Corporate & Business
- Georgia State University, JD, 1988
- Auburn University, BS, Electrical Engineering, 1979