Charles K. McKnight Jr.
Charles McKnight is a veteran litigator who aggressively represents plaintiffs and defendants in a broad range of business disputes and other litigation, including arbitration and mediation. He has successfully represented Fortune 500 companies (including leading insurance, financial services and oil and gas companies), international companies (including clients based in Brazil, Canada, Germany, Korea, Switzerland and Peru), smaller and medium–sized United States businesses, and individuals in breach of contract, fraud, real property, business tort, insurance coverage, condemnation, joint venture, construction, license agreement, and asset purchase disputes among other things. Mr. McKnight has successfully defended numerous class actions, and his practice has included the representation of clients in state and federal trial and appellate courts throughout the country. He also has successfully litigated international arbitration matters to conclusion.
Mr. McKnight works closely with in-house counsel and business executives to achieve their goals. Although his practice is concentrated on litigation, he is also called upon to counsel clients in the drafting and construction of complex commercial agreements.
Prior to joining Taylor English, Mr. McKnight practiced at a corporate law firm based in Atlanta, and before that was a member of the Business Litigation Team at an international corporate law firm for 17 years, the last 10 years as a partner. Following law school, he clerked for the Honorable Richard C. Freeman, United States District Court Judge for the Northern District of Georgia.
Mr. McKnight and his wife have three children and have lived in Atlanta more than 30 years.
- The State Bar of Georgia, 2021-present
- American Diabetes Association, Board Member
- Atlanta International Arbitration Society
- Christ Church Presbyterian, Elder
- Cystic Fibrosis foundation, Atlanta Chapter, Board Chairman Georgia
- Justice Project, Board Member
- Diversity Law Institute
- Trial Law Institute
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2021-2022
- Senior Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Financial Institutions
- Intellectual Property Litgation
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, JD, 1985
- Emory University, BA, 1982
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Hon. Richard C. Freeman, United States District Court Judge for the Northern District of Georgia