Robert Sanders is a partner in Taylor English’s labor and employment department. Mr. Sanders prides himself on delivering practical, straightforward legal advice that fits each client’s unique circumstances.
Clients call on Mr. Sanders to collaboratively resolve challenging issues. He is a skilled trial attorney and negotiator, with a mediation and alternative dispute resolution background, whose first aim is to keep clients out of the courtroom. Mr. Sanders routinely counsels employers on best practices to avoid risk when handling employee discipline and discharge, leave and accommodation, anti-discrimination, wage and hour, worker safety, and other issues. Mr. Sanders understands how high emotions can run in these matters and handles these situations thoughtfully.
When matters are litigated, Mr. Sanders is well prepared. He has successfully tried cases before administrative agencies and state and federal courts, including federal jury trials.
These are some of the reasons Mr. Sanders has been named to Super Lawyers’ Rising Star list every year since 2016, an honor awarded to only 2.5% of Wisconsin attorneys.
It is important to Mr. Sanders that the legal system be accessible to all. He frequently engages in pro bono work and was named to the Wisconsin Pro Bono Honor Society every year since 2015 by the Wisconsin Access to Justice Commission and the State Bar of Wisconsin.
In 2021, Mr. Sanders was appointed by Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers to serve a four-year term on Wisconsin’s Physician Assistant Affiliated Credentialing Board. Mr. Sanders’ appointment was confirmed by the Wisconsin State Senate by unanimous vote (31-0).
In his spare time, Mr Sanders volunteers as a coach for the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee’s mock trial team and mediator at the Mediation and Restorative Justice Center in Waukesha, Wisconsin.
- Associated Builders and Contractors of Wisconsin, Human Resources Board, Member
- Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce, Employment Law Steering Committee, Member
- Wisconsin Physician Assistant Affiliated Credentialing Board Member, appointed by Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers, Wisconsin State Senate Confirmed (unanimous vote: 31-0), 2021 – present
- University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee, Mock Trial Coach, 2020 – present
- Waukesha Mediation and Restorative Justice Center, Volunteer Mediator, 2011 – present
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2016 – 2022
- Wisconsin Pro Bono Honor Society, 2015 – 2021
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Class & Collective Action
- Health Care
- Leisure & Hospitality
- University of Wisconsin Law School, JD, 2011
- University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee, BA, 2009
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
What’s the Worst that can Happen? Arrest!
September 15th, 2023
“What’s the worst that can happen?” is a question employers often ask, and for good reason. You need to fully understand and appreciate…Read More
Why Employer’s Should Embrace Pay Transparency Laws
January 26th, 2023
A recent article by YahooFinance Senior Columnist, Kerry Hannon, notes that “[t]he biggest shortcoming so far of new state salary…Read More
Reducing Worker’s Compensation Costs
October 20th, 2022
Workers’ compensation costs are among the largest expense for many companies. In its 2021 Workplace Safety Index, Liberty Mutual…Read More
New Reporting Obligations for California Employers and Staffing, Recruiting, and Workforce Solution Companies
September 29th, 2022
Governor Newsom signed into law the much anticipated SB 1162, which expands California’s pay transparency and data reporting…Read More