William D. “Bill” Dillon is a member of Taylor English’s Litigation Department who has managed complex litigation involving matters in Latin America, Australia, Egypt, the Netherlands, Germany, and throughout the United States. With more than 30 years of experience, his practice is centered on white collar, antitrust, and healthcare fraud defense.
Mr. Dillon strives to defend the needs of his clients by minimizing their exposure in state and federal white collar investigations. He represents top executives and company presidents and has prevailed on their behalf in matters of healthcare fraud; antitrust compliance; real estate foreclosure fraud; international cartel investigations; FCPA investigations in Latin America; the beverage industry; criminal pharmaceuticals; and more.
He handles a wide range of white collar cases including complex FCPA investigations, criminal pharmaceutical and healthcare fraud matters, SEC investigations, international antitrust investigations, federal public corruption cases, mail fraud, money laundering, and domestic bribery cases.
Over the past three decades, Mr. Dillon has tried and won numerous jury trials in the 3rd, 5th, 6th, and 11th Circuits involving mail fraud, bid rigging, wire fraud, obstruction, extortion, bribery, price fixing and other conspiracy cases.
As a Senior Trial Attorney for the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice for more than twenty years, he supervised investigative teams across the globe in gathering and compiling evidence in matters affecting global markets, particularly in the United States, Europe, and Australia.
His work has garnered high honors in the course of his career, including serving as Chairman of the State Bar of Georgia’s Antitrust Section, 2018; Attorney General’s Award for Distinguished Service, 2009; Hugh P. Morrison Award for Professionalism and Legal Precision, 2008; Antitrust Division Award of Distinction, 2006; and more.
Mr. Dillon’s articles are widely published, and he is a frequent presenter both nationally and internationally at prominent legal forums.
- American Bar Association, Criminal Justice Section, Antitrust Section
- Ashford Dunwoody YMCA Youth Soccer Coach
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Boy Scouts of America Troop 477, Assistant Scoutmaster
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Federal Criminal Justice Act Panel Member, Northern District of Georgia
- Fellows of American Bar Foundation
- International Association of Independent Corporate Monitors
- Kingswood United Methodist Church
- Lawyer’s Club of Atlanta
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- State Bar of Alabama
- State Bar of Georgia, Chairman of Antitrust Section, 2018
- Georgia Trend’s Legal Elite, Criminal Law, 2019
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- Georgia Super Lawyers, Top Rated White Collar Crimes, 2016-2022
- Georgia State Bar Association, Chairman of Antitrust Section, 2018
- Attorney General’s Award, Distinguished Service, 2009
- Hugh P. Morrison Award, Professionalism and Legal Precision, 2008
- Antitrust Division Award of Distinction, 2006
- Federal Law Enforcement Officers’ Award, Prosecutorial Excellence, 2001
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Distinguished Unit Citation, 2001
- Hugo Black Scholar
- Henderson M. Somerville Scholar
- Eagle Scout
- Government & Internal Investigations
- Health Care
- Trial Practice
- White-Collar Criminal Defense
- University of Louisiana, BS, Business Administration, Finance, 1984
- University of Alabama School of Law, JD, 1987
- All Trial Courts of the State of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the District of the Virgin Islands
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
SBA Certification Questionnaire for PPP Borrowers
Despite substantial comments received from many associations and other parties, the Small Business Administration (SBA) has approved use…Read More