Barbara Riesberg is a partner in Taylor English’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department. Based in Miami, Florida, Ms. Riesberg has three decades of experience litigating a wide variety of business and real estate matters.
Ms. Riesberg represents corporations, LLCs, public entities, and individuals in a wide array of business issues, including shareholder disputes, enforcement of non-compete agreements, securities issues, receivership, commercial foreclosure, property development and other real estate disputes. She also has experience handling municipal law matters, having represented both municipalities and developers.
With a mind that can quickly wrap around complex problems and focus on what matters most, Ms. Riesberg has a long history of achieving winning results for clients. She has taken numerous cases to trial and handled appeals in both state and federal courts, as well as before AAA and FINRA arbitration panels. Ms. Riesberg also provides clients with strategic counsel on ways to avoid protracted and costly litigation.
Prior to joining Taylor English, Ms. Riesberg was a litigation partner in the Miami office of a New York based full-service law firm. She received her undergraduate degree from the University of Pittsburgh and her law degree from Cornell Law School. Ms. Riesberg is highly respected by her peers and has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America, Florida Trend Magazine’s list of Legal Elites and as a Florida Super Lawyer.
- Dade County Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2019 – present
- Cornell Law School Alumni Association, Executive Board of Directors, 2017 – 2020
- The Florida Bar Business Law Section, Business Litigation Committee, Chair, 2012 – 2013; Proceedings Supplementary Task Force, Chair, 2013 – 2016; Judicial Liaison Committee, Chair, 2013 – 2014
- The Florida Bar, Grievance Committee, Vice-Chair, 2009 – 2012
- Best Lawyers in America®, 2015 – 2023
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2012 – 2022
- Florida Trend Magazine, Legal Elite
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Lawyers
- Rated AV Preeminent™, Martindale-Hubbell
- Business Torts and Commercial Contract Disputes
- Corporate & Shareholder Governance & Liability
- Financial Services Litigation
- Real Estate
- Securities Litigation and RICO Act Claims
- Cornell Law School, JD, 1992
- University of Pittsburgh, BS, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida