Austin C. Vining
Austin Vining is a member of the firm’s Intellectual Property Litigation practice where he focuses his practice on intellectual property, media law, and First Amendment counseling and litigation. His experience includes trademark and copyright enforcement and litigation and proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. Mr. Vining also handles media issues including privacy and defamation in publishing, advertising, journalism, and social media.
After graduating from the University of Florida – Fredric G. Levin College of Law, Mr. Vining served as an associate at Taylor English before clerking for the Honorable Paul C. Huck of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Mr. Vining earned his Ph.D. with a specialization in media law from the University of Florida. His research on defamation, free speech, and other communication law issues has been published in top legal journals and has earned national top prize awards. He is an adjunct professor at the University of Florida where he has taught classes on trademark, copyright, privacy, media, and First Amendment law since 2017.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Vining was a journalist for various newspapers and lifestyle magazines. During his time in law school, he served as an articles editor for the Florida Law Review, a legal intern for the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press, and a graduate research fellow for the Brechner First Amendment Project.
Outside of the office, Mr. Vining enjoys playing fetch with his golden retriever, rooting for Ole Miss and Gators sports teams, and traveling with his wife who is also an intellectual property attorney.
- Honorable Charles A. Pannell, Jr. Intellectual Property American Inn of Court, 2023 – present
- State Bar of Georgia, Intellectual Property Law Section, Member, 2022 – present
- Intellectual Property – Trademark
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- University of Florida – Frederic G. Levin College of Law, JD, cum laude, 2021
- University of Florida, PhD, Media Law Emphasis, 2021
- University of Mississippi, MA, Media Law Emphasis, 2016
- Louisiana Tech University, BA and BA, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Hon. Paul C. Huck U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida