Anthony T. Polvino
A recognized leader in the shared vacation ownership and resort development industry. Mr. Polvino has more than 25 years’ experience providing business and legal counsel to hotel and resort developers, lenders, marketing, sales and management companies. Mr. Polvino serves as the primary outside counsel for a number of major resort hospitality companies, as well as serving as the de facto general counsel for more than a dozen small-to-midsize entrepreneurial companies operating in the travel and vacation arena. Mr. Polvino is a trustee of the American Resort Development Association, an accredited member of the Academy of Hospitality Industry Attorneys, and a frequent lecturer at hospitality industry conferences.
Mr. Polvino represents and advises clients in negotiating business/project acquisitions and sales as well as joint venture arrangements; structuring, creating, and documenting all varieties of vacation products and programs; satisfying state registration and disclosure requirements; developing legally compliant marketing and sales programs; and structuring and documenting complex financing facilities, including acquisition, development, construction and consumer receivables. He also represents clients in marketing trade practice cases and governmental investigations in the areas of direct marketing and sales, including telemarketing and “do not call” compliance.
In addition to his hospitality practice, Mr. Polvino also practices in the area of film entertainment law, in which he represents independent film production companies. This practice area includes assisting clients in the acquisition of rights, private placement securities financing, and negotiating talent, union/guild and film distribution contracts.
- Academy of Hospitality Industry Attorneys, Accredited Member
- American Resort Development Association (ARDA), Board Member, Trustee
- District of Columbia Bar, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law Section
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Georgia, Entertainment & Sports Section
- State Bar of Georgia, Member
- Chambers USA: Leading Business Lawyers – Leisure & Hospitality, 2017
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- Georgia Trend’s Legal Elite, Corporate Law, 2014
- Georgia Trend’s Legal Elite, Business Law, 2013
- Corporate & Business
- Finance & Securities
- Government & Internal Investigations
- Leisure & Hospitality
- Real Estate
- Emory University School of Law, JD, 1994
- Villanova University, BS, Business Administration, Concentrations in Marketing and Finance, 1988
- District of Columbia
- New York