Amanda Wilson Speier
Amanda Wilson Speier is a partner in Taylor English’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department who focuses her practice on the health care industry, particularly medical malpractice defense. She represents all types of health care providers, including hospitals, nurses, physicians, physical therapists, mid-level providers, radiology technicians, and pharmacists. Her representation of these clients also includes general liability, contract and billing disputes, and premise liability defense. Ms. Speier also advises medical providers in responding to complaints and investigations by the state licensing boards.
Ms. Speier has experience handling all aspects of civil litigation. From the moment a claim is anticipated, Ms. Speier advises clients on how to possibly avoid litigation entirely to minimize the risks and inconvenience of an impending suit. She helps her clients evaluate defenses and assesses the factual and legal merits of the claimant’s allegations. She has extensive experience drafting pleadings and motions, managing written discovery and large document productions, taking and defending the depositions of parties, experts and other witnesses, and arguing motions of all kinds before the court. Ms. Speier has successfully resolved many cases on dispositive motion, but is experienced with preparing for trial and taking a case to jury verdict when necessary. At the appellate level, Ms.
Speier continues to advocate for her clients’ legal positions, often defending the trial court’s decision to dismiss or grant summary judgment in her client’s favor.
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Ones to Watch, 2021-2022
- Georgia Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2020-2022
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Business Torts and Commercial Contract Disputes
- Health Care
- Trial Practice
- Emory University School of Law, JD, 2010
- Tulane University, BA, cum laude, 2007
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia