“Taylor English offers the opportunity to collaborate with some of the sharpest legal minds in the industry in a culture that fosters growth, support and encouragement to succeed.”
Teresa Adams represents both plaintiffs and defendants in complex commercial litigation cases involving fraud, embezzlement, theft of funds and confidential corporate information, fraudulent transfers, professional liability, breach of contract, fraudulent inducement to contract, securities fraud, investor and owner disputes, business divorce, real estate investment litigation, construction litigation, breach of fiduciary duty, and other business torts. In addition, Ms. Adams regularly performs internal and forensic investigations for corporations who suspect fraud, theft or embezzlement. She works closely with the corporation and forensic experts to build the legal case on behalf of the company as well as assist the company in managing any dual criminal investigation. Ms. Adams has assisted clients being investigated by the DOJ and the SEC, and has defended financial advisors and broker/dealers in industry arbitrations, as well as assisted numerous clients through mediation and/or arbitration of their civil claims.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Ms. Adams has advised clients manufacturing and distributing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) needed to combat coronavirus on compliance with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations and counseled them on the immunity offered under the CARES Act to those manufacturing and distributing PPE.
Ms. Adams has extensive experience with eDiscovery management and has overseen countless large discovery productions. She works with vendors and clients to make the eDiscovery process as efficient and productive as possible for the client.
As a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), former auditor and forensic accountant, Ms. Adams is uniquely qualified to handle cases involving complex financial and accounting issues. She was the auditor of some of the largest corporations in the world while with EY, and when practicing as a forensic accountant with PwC, she performed numerous internal fraud investigations. After deciding to take her talents into the legal field, Ms. Adams began her legal career in the litigation group of an international corporate law firm eventually moving to a mid-sized firm where she practiced in both State and Federal Courts. She also owned and managed her own law firm.
Ms. Adams graduated summa cum laude from the Georgia State University College of Law. She is a member of the State Bar of Georgia, Cobb County Bar Association, and the Georgia Society of CPAs. Ms. Adams has provided countless hours of pro bono legal services to individuals in need, and has historically been a consistent volunteer with the Fulton County Georgia Child Through Truancy Intervention Project program.
Cobb County Bar Association, Secretary, Business Law and Litigation Section, 2015 – 2017
Georgia Society of CPAs, Advisory Council, Fraud Division, 2014 – 2017
American Bar Association, Litigation Section
State Bar of Georgia
Fulton County GA, Advocate for Child through Truancy Intervention Project (TIP) Program
- Cobb County School System and Mount Paran Christian School, Frequently speaks to classes on topics including: Life as an Attorney, Moot Court, Argument for a Living, and The Judicial System.
- Conducted a Simulated Jury Trial with the class at Due West Elementary School.
- “The Engagement Letter: A Great Risk Management Tool with Caution,” GSCPA Current Accounts, Vol. IV, Issue 2, March/April 2015
- November 14, 2018
- CARES Act Expands Protection From Liability to Manufacturers and Others Involved in the Manufacture, Distribution and Supply of Approved Respiratory Protective DevicesInformation Current as of April 15, 2020
- Information Current as of April 14, 2020
- Employee Retention Tax Credit Under The CARES Act: Alternative Tool for Businesses Not Utilizing The Paycheck Protection ProgramInformation Current as of April 10, 2020
- March 30, 2020
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Government and Internal Investigations
- Data Security and Privacy
- Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- Financial Institutions
- Youth-Serving Organizations
Georgia State University College of Law, JD, summa cum laude, 2002
University of Tennessee, BS, Accounting and Business Management, summa cum laude, 1990