Linda Yang is a member of Taylor English’s Intellectual Property Department where she focuses her practice on trademark and copyright matters. In addition to handling routine U.S. trademark and copyright applications, prosecution, license, assignments, and infringement enforcement, she also assists clients with managing their international IP portfolios and advises clients on strategies relating to IP protection in China and other foreign countries. Ms. Yang also has experience in assisting clients with FDA regulatory compliance matters and EB-5 immigration matters.
Fluent in Mandarin Chinese, Ms. Yang has helped clients with a variety of IP-related matters relating to manufacturing or selling in China, such as due diligence and contract drafting and negotiating.
Ms. Yang has been a speaker and writer on intellectual property matters, analyzing cases relating to trademarks and speaking on topics such as trademarks and branding, E-commerce, and cyber security and data protection issues.
Ms. Yang obtained her undergraduate law degree in Beijing, China. She received her J.D. from Vanderbilt University Law School.
International Trademark Association (INTA): INTA Bulletins Committee, Member, 2018–2019
Chattanooga International Business Council, Treasurer
Tennessee Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
Southeast Tennessee Lawyers' Association for Woman, Member
Chattanooga Bar Association, Member
American Bar Association, Member
American Inns of Court, Member
- Mandarin (Chinese)
- "Amazon Take Downs," CLE presentation, Southeast Tennessee Lawyers' Association for Women, Chattanooga, Tennessee, October 2018
- "Intellectual Property and Data Protection in the United States," Beijing, China, March 2018
- "Surname: Trademark Registration and Enforcement," Tennessee Intellectual Property Law Association Fall Seminar, Nashville, Tennessee, November 2017
- "Introduction of Military Courts System in China," Harry Phillips American Inns of Court, Nashville, 2013
- "Federal Circuit Expands Generics – Including ZERO for Soft Drinks," IAM Weekly International Reports, July 2018
- "Lucky Brand Cannot Assert Release Defense in Trademark Infringement Suit," IAM Weekly International Reports, August 2018
- "Federal Circuit Confirms TTAB's Exclusion of Evidence Is Proper and Affirms Cancellation," INTA Bulletin, Vol. 73 No. 21, December 2018
- "Refusing to Limit Goods in Cited Registration for Software, TTAB Affirms Likelihood of Confusion Refusal," INTA Bulletin, Vol. 73 No. 6, April 2018
- "TTAB Finds LAROQUE & Design Similar to CHATEAU LAROQUE for French Wines from Different Regions," INTA Bulletin, Vol. 73 No. 12, July 2018
- "United States: Trademark Trial and Appeal Board Extends Discovery Period to Allow Discovery Requests After Finding Applicant Proved 'Good Cause'," INTA Bulletin, Vol. 73 No. 16, September 2018
Vanderbilt University Law School, JD, 2014
China University of Political Science and Law, LLB, 2011
Oxford University Oriel College, Common Law, European Law, English Contract Law, Oxford, UK, 2009