Linda (Yan) Yang is a member of Taylor English’s Intellectual Property, Corporate, and Health Care practice groups.
Ms. Yang manages large global intellectual property portfolios. She handles registration, enforcement, and monetization matters both in the U.S. and globally, and advises clients on global strategies relating to IP protection.
Ms. Yang also advises clients on health care regulatory matters, including federal and state fraud and abuse laws, anti-referral laws, corporate practice of medicine laws, DME regulations, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, as well as HIPAA compliance issues.
Fluent in Mandarin Chinese, Ms. Yang has helped clients with a variety of commercial matters relating to manufacturing or selling in China, including performing due diligence and negotiating contracts.
Ms. Yang has been a speaker and writer on intellectual property matters, analyzing cases relating to trademarks and speaking on topics such as trademarks and branding, E-commerce, and cyber security and data protection issues.
Ms. Yang obtained her undergraduate law degree in Beijing, China. She received her J.D. from Vanderbilt University Law School.
International Trademark Association (INTA): INTA Bulletins Committee, Member, 2020–2021
Southeast Tennessee Lawyers' Association for Women, Member
Tennessee Bar Association, Member
Tennessee Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
- Mandarin (Chinese)
- "Amazon Take Downs," CLE presentation, Southeast Tennessee Lawyers' Association for Women, Chattanooga, Tennessee, October 2018
- "Intellectual Property and Data Protection in the United States," Beijing, China, March 2018
- "Surname: Trademark Registration and Enforcement," Tennessee Intellectual Property Law Association Fall Seminar, Nashville, Tennessee, November 2017
- "Introduction of Military Courts System in China," Harry Phillips American Inns of Court, Nashville, 2013
- June 1, 2020
- "TTAB Finds LAROQUE & Design Similar to CHATEAU LAROQUE for French Wines from Different Regions," INTA Bulletin, Vol. 73 No. 12, July 2018
- "Refusing to Limit Goods in Cited Registration for Software, TTAB Affirms Likelihood of Confusion Refusal," INTA Bulletin, Vol. 73 No. 6, April 2018
- "Federal Circuit Confirms TTAB's Exclusion of Evidence Is Proper and Affirms Cancellation," INTA Bulletin, Vol. 73 No. 21, December 2018
- "Lucky Brand Cannot Assert Release Defense in Trademark Infringement Suit," IAM Weekly International Reports, August 2018
- "Federal Circuit Expands Generics – Including ZERO for Soft Drinks," IAM Weekly International Reports, July 2018
- "United States: Trademark Trial and Appeal Board Extends Discovery Period to Allow Discovery Requests After Finding Applicant Proved 'Good Cause'," INTA Bulletin, Vol. 73 No. 16, September 2018
- August 19, 2021
- August 20, 2020
- February 26, 2019
Vanderbilt University Law School, JD, 2014
China University of Political Science and Law, LLB, 2011
Oxford University Oriel College, Common Law, European Law, English Contract Law, Oxford, UK, 2009
Best Lawyers in America®, Ones to Watch, 2021-2022