Taylor English offers me the platform necessary to ensure that my clients will consistently receive sophisticated, full service and client-centered legal counsel at a tremendous value.
Tres Dye is a real estate and business lawyer with more than 20 years of transactional experience. As a partner on Taylor English’s Real Estate Department, Mr. Dye focuses his practice on commercial real estate transactions.
Mr. Dye has represented private sector developers, borrowers and lenders in the acquisition, development, financing, leasing and disposition of commercial real estate, including retail, office and industrial assets. Mr. Dye also has extensive experience representing local government entities and Georgia land bank authorities. His transactional experience also includes assisting with corporate M&A and finance transactions where real estate is the primary collateral.
Prior to his joining Taylor English, Mr. Dye was a member of a large, regional law firm, and was then a member of a large, international law firm, and then co-founded his own firm in Atlanta which focused on complex litigation and commercial real estate transactions.
Mr. Dye clerked for the Hon. Clarence Cooper of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
Mr. Dye enjoys spending time with his wife and two children, traveling, reading and sports.
Historic District Development Corporation, Vice Chairman
City of Atlanta Zoning Review Board, Former Board Member, Former Vice Chairman and Former Chairman
City of Atlanta and Fulton County Recreation Authority, Former Board Member
- Represented a local owner/investor in the acquisition, development and sale of mixed use properties in the Midtown and Buckhead areas of Atlanta.
- Represented a local credit union in its expansion of branch locations in the metropolitan Atlanta area.
- Represented supermarket operator in the sale of a portfolio of more than 100 grocery stores located in Georgia, Florida and Alabama.
- Represented a national portfolio lender in real estate finance transactions (loan amounts ranging from approx. $30,000,000 to approx. $300,000,000) involving improved and unimproved real estate collateral in single and multi-state transactions.
- Represented landlords and tenants in the negotiation of retail and industrial leases and subleases in single and multi-tenant properties throughout the country.
- Represented local municipality as lead outside real estate counsel for the acquisition of five sites included in the Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System’s $275 million building program.
- Represented a national commercial bank in preparing and negotiating real estate collateral documents including fee simple and leasehold mortgages, landlord waivers, subordination agreements and nondisturbance agreements concerning real estate collateral i
- Represented local municipality in $5 million sale leaseback transaction to facilitate a mixed use development.
Represented the following State of Georgia agencies/entities as a Special Assistant Attorney General in various real estate acquisitions ranging from approx. $300,000 to $10,500,000: (i) Teachers’ Retirement System of Georgia and the Employees’ Retirement System of Georgia, (ii) Geo L. Smith II Georgia World Congress Center Authority and (iii) Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia.