Clients expect value, proficiency, and personal attention as they navigate government and internal investigations. Taylor English provides an excellent value-driven platform for my white collar practice. Taylor English gives clients the assurance that we will protect their interests in a cost-effective manner while maintaining focus on their strategic objectives.
William D. “Bill” Dillon is a member of Taylor English’s Litigation practice group who has managed complex litigation involving matters in Latin America, Australia, Egypt, the Netherlands, Germany, and throughout the United States. With more than 30 years of experience, his practice is centered on white collar, antitrust, and healthcare fraud defense.
Mr. Dillon strives to defend the needs of his clients by minimizing their exposure in state and federal white collar investigations. He represents top executives and company presidents and has prevailed on their behalf in matters of healthcare fraud; antitrust compliance; real estate foreclosure fraud; international cartel investigations; FCPA investigations in Latin America; the beverage industry; criminal pharmaceuticals; and more.
He handles a wide range of white collar cases including complex FCPA investigations, criminal pharmaceutical and healthcare fraud matters, SEC investigations, international antitrust investigations, federal public corruption cases, mail fraud, money laundering, and domestic bribery cases.
Over the past three decades, Mr. Dillon has tried and won numerous jury trials in the 3rd, 5th, 6th, and 11th Circuits involving mail fraud, bid rigging, wire fraud, obstruction, extortion, bribery, price fixing and other conspiracy cases.
As a Senior Trial Attorney for the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice, he supervised investigative teams across the globe in gathering and compiling evidence in matters affecting global markets, particularly in the United States, Latin America, Europe, and Australia.
His work has garnered high honors in the course of his career, including serving as Chairman of the State Bar of Georgia’s Antitrust Section, 2018; Attorney General’s Award for Distinguished Service, 2009; Hugh P. Morrison Award for Professionalism and Legal Precision, 2008; Antitrust Division Award of Distinction, 2006; and more.
Mr. Dillon’s articles are widely published, and he is a frequent presenter both nationally and internationally at prominent legal forums.
His undergraduate degree is earned from the University of Louisiana; and he obtained his law degree from the University of Alabama School of Law.
Georgia Bar Association
District of Columbia Bar Association
Alabama Bar Association
American Bar Association, Criminal Justice Section, Antitrust Section
Federal Bar Association
Atlanta Bar Association
National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
International Association of Independent Corporate Monitors
Fellows of American Bar Foundation
Lawyer’s Club of Atlanta
Federal Criminal Justice Act Panel Member, ND GA
Kingswood United Methodist Church
BSA Troup 477, Asst. Scoutmaster
Ashford Dunwoody YMCA Youth Soccer Coach
- Antitrust Amnesty Programs in Latin America, International Cartel Network, Cartagena, Col., 2017
- Antitrust Cartel Investigations, International Cartel Network, Sydney, Australia, 2004
- American Bar Association Antitrust Generic Drug Price Fixing Investigation Panel, November 2016
- Sponsorship Trial Strategy, Georgia State University Law School, 2014
- Impact of Forensic Accounting on Complex Investigations, Georgia State University, 2013
- Internal Investigations in FCPA Cases, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, 2013
- Parallel Investigations in Antitrust Matters, Institute of Continuing Legal Education Georgia, 2013
- Prosecuting Corruption Cases in Federal Court, FBI Tennessee Task Force, Keynote Speaker, 2012
- Public Corruption Cases, National Trial Advocacy Center, 2012
- International Business and Crime – Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and Antitrust, Institute of Continuing Legal Education Georgia, 2012
- Antitrust Enforcement, International Cartel Network, Lisbon, Portugal, 2009
- American Bar Association Antitrust Section Spring Meeting, Mock Trial Presenter, U.S. v. Petrol, Inc., 2007
- “The DOJ Domino Effect: Forecasting the Growth of the Generic-Drug Probe,” ABA Cartel & Criminal Practice, Spring 2017, Newsletter
- “Colombian Leniency Program and DOJ Leniency: Different Approaches,” ABA Antitrust, Spring 2015, Newsletter
University of Louisiana, BS, Business Administration, Finance, 1984
University of Alabama School of Law, JD, 1987
District of Columbia
Courts & Adjudicative Bodies
All Trial Courts of the State of Georgia
Georgia Supreme Court
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
U.S. District Court for the District of the Virgin Islands
Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
Georgia Super Lawyers, Top Rated White Collar Crimes, 2016-2019
Georgia State Bar Association, Chairman of Antitrust Section, 2018
Attorney General’s Award, Distinguished Service, 2009
Hugh P. Morrison Award, Professionalism and Legal Precision, 2008
Antitrust Division Award of Distinction, 2006
Federal Law Enforcement Officers’ Award, Prosecutorial Excellence, 2001
United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Distinguished Unit Citation, 2001
Hugo Black Scholar
Henderson M. Somerville Scholar